Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamespot retard plays Duke Nukem 3D.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
mother-of-god.gif

Where the fuck are they getting those people? Best thing is how that shithead says he's a 'doomguy' and doom is his fav fps, after which DN3D is apparently teh hard cause hp doesn't regen and you can't avoid being hit like in Halo or Call of Duty. AND U NEED TWO KEYCARDS WTF!!!!!

The part at 20something when they play Manhattan Project is similarly disgusting

visions

Arcane
"I don't know where I'm supposed to go... I'm immediately lost... What the heck..."

:lol:

Luzur

Good Sir
Duke Nukem 3D in 1993? lol talk about being ignorant.

didnt they research the game before reviewing it?

also:

hahaha,,,remember me when i played sega and nintendo when child

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
To be honest, it looks like they are having fun.

Darth Roxor said:
after which DN3D is apparently teh hard cause hp doesn't regen and you can't avoid being hit like in Halo or Call of Duty.
Actually, he said that you can avoid getting hit unlike in Halo and Call of Duty. He said it after dodging an attack of an enemy.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
What is this shit. Complaining about lack of firepower when they aren't even picking up the ammo clearly in the level. It's really painful to watch.

I would have expected this level of stupidity from people who were born AFTER Duke 3D, but jesus christ, these guys look older than me. How can you be this retarded..?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Most favourite Codex games of the past few years all have health regen and quest-compasses (and some even unlimited ammo). Wonder how you lot will roll in DN3D when you will first play it.

Damn, 9:30-10:00. He opens the door he needs to go through then leaves while saying "I don't know where to go", and he only accidentally notices it later when an enemy comes out. This is why we need quest pointers in this day and age, An area that take 5s to cross and has 1 clearly marked openable exit is too hard for some people.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is the first time I watched a video of people playing a shooter on an Xbox, and holy crap the controls look horribly awkward and inaccurate. Just watch how difficult it is for them to aim accurately, ffs. How can anyone play a shooter like this?

UserNamer

Cipher
i replayed duke 3d recently and I think it's really, really easy. You don't dodge like in doom but if you just keep running the enemies can't touch you (except the big guy with the gattling). you can also jump over them, they can't stand a chance against duke.

shadow warrior by the same developer is even more easy, you just keep firing, the weapons are so powerful that you can rape everything just by keeping the fire button pressed, even if you use just the fists

Topher

Cipher
JarlFrank said:
This is the first time I watched a video of people playing a shooter on an Xbox, and holy crap the controls look horribly awkward and inaccurate. Just watch how difficult it is for them to aim accurately, ffs. How can anyone play a shooter like this?

Libertarian magic? ...also the video won't play for me.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
UserNamer said:
i replayed duke 3d recently and I think it's really, really easy. You don't dodge like in doom but if you just keep running the enemies can't touch you (except the big guy with the gattling). you can also jump over them, they can't stand a chance against duke.

shadow warrior by the same developer is even more easy, you just keep firing, the weapons are so powerful that you can rape everything just by keeping the fire button pressed, even if you use just the fists
Some of the bosses are tough, but I agree, Duke 3D was never hard, and it gets even easier with EDuke32 (proper mouselook and WASD movement). Seeing this being played on a console makes me die inside a little. I mean, yeah, it's fun, I'm sure, but it turns it into a game of caution, sneaking slowly around every corner hoping to not get shot in the face, rather than the original's "run around like a fucking madman blowing everything up" style. And people wonder why console shooters are so much slower and clunkier these days? It's all due to the controls - design with limitations in mind to cripple the experience for everyone else.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Sarah Silverman is still terrible at humour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom