Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gamer's Hell PROFESHUNAL reviews HotU

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

<a href=http://www.gamershell.com>Gamer's Hell</a> have their RILLY PROFESHUNAL N GUDE <a href=http://www.gamershell.com/reviews_NeverwinterNightsHordeso.shtml>review</a> of <a href=http://www.bioware.com>BioWare</a>'s <a href=http://nwn.bioware.com>Hordes of the Underdark</a>. They give it <b>8.2 out of 10</b>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>I don?t think I?d be exaggerating if I'll say that Shadows of the Undrentide was a disappointing expansion to the Neverwinter Nights saga. If you played all the way through Neverwinter Nights you?d probably have a pretty good character, maybe somewhere close to level 20. A good expansion should challenge new and old players, but since the level 20 cap was still in there, and you began with all your (great?) equipment, the game could be finished in two days. The storyline was somewhat interesting, but short, and ultimately not very satisfying.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Uh... you were supposed to start Shadows of Undrentide at level 1. Is cheating your way through games you review what the professionals do now?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Profeshunal reviewa said:
The game is still relatively non-linear in terms of gameplay, so you can solve many of the challenges in different ways depending on your profession and style of gameplay, but there is definitely a red line that everyone follows.

Yes it's definetely non-linear in terms of gameplay. I can kill things, point and click, open my inventory, do tricks to keep myself awake, get up and have a beer, or kill more things! The options boggle the mind! Why aren't more games like this?

Hordes of the Underdark consists of three chapters this time, as opposed to only two in the first expansion. During the first two you investigate the attacks, save people, stop nasty villains, help protect a fortress, and more. I won?t say what the last chapter involves, but suffice to say it wasn?t what I expected.

Gee, since he already spoiled it, why not go the extra mile and spoil the rest?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Please. You do more than kill things. In fact, there's one ntire area where you can complete it without killing a single thing. And, your actions do matter. Just ask anyone who has actually finsihed the game. :roll:

As for the silly reviewer; he reminds me of the guy who was upset with BIO that SOU was too easy.... with his 20th level character... :roll:

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I know killing things isn't the only option - by your review and comments made by forum users on that thread of yours it obviously isn't - but the point was more to take a jab at the reviewer not the game. Touchy, Volourn, touchy. And i also didn't make any comment whatsoever that actions didn't mattered. Sloppy, Volourn, sloppy. :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Hmm..... I'm not touching anything so how can I be touchy? :?

Anyways,... :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
It is so I presume the mp score is for the overall mp NWN pciture. Plus, there are workarounds to get multi-play to work.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The stupidity of Gamer's Hell never ceases to amaze me. It seems like they've provided the answer of There is no limit. to the age old question, How dumb can you get?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom