Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguelike fuck king of the dragon pass

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wut? Vingans are probably the most well-rounded characters overall.
Maybe, I haven't got a single Vingan who could handle even the bandits you encounter while exploring. Maybe my draw of the RNG, though. Tricksters somehow manage to fight better than Vingans in my games.

laclongquan

Arcane
1. Playing overpopulated clans is one hidden strategy of the game that goes against the lore. Even the devs cautioned us against that strategy because it doesnt fit the lore. I got the warning myself from the group yahoo back in the day, and as far as I can tell, I was the first overpopulated clan.
There is back side to this strategy, IIRC. diseases and plagues, I think. I remember that I had to use shrines and temples to prevent it.

2. King of Dragon Pass is the very definition of lorefag heaven. You really need to read the descriptions to follow the heroquests properly. If you purposely goes against the ways proposed in there, even high magic, high talent priestess, and items, can barely get you survived, and never success. And the most successful clan with a chieftess will only get the second best ending, not even consider in the running for the win. Because it's King ODP, see, not Queen.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
this random, retarded, autistic, jewish, event

Tbf, isn't it a little autistic to ignore all your advisors' warnings and keep repetitively pissing off dragons? Seems like the kind of thing that annoying kid on Parenthood would do if he was running an Orlanthi clan.

As for all the balance issues, yeah, those are undeniable. If I don't savescum on hero quests, I'll lose. If I do, I end up breaking the game in one way or another and getting way overpowered by the time I'm about 2/3 of the way through it.

Brancaleone

Prophet
What's with this blasphemous thread?

Also: you don't fuck with the Dragon
f18c2397516428211f7259a6c8a28824.jpg

hivemind

>pick all correct choices in """"hero"""" (((quest))) with a noble that has all relevant stats on heroic
>randomly lose
roguelikes were a mistake

Silva

Arcane
Huh.. I've actually achieved the short victory on ironman / without reloads/roll backs.

I swear this game has a internal logic that supports "manning up", by kinda favoring you after bad events. Anyone else confirms this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom