Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Commandos-Like Frigato: Shadows of the Caribbean - another pirate real-time tactics stealth game - now on Early Access

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ws-of-the-caribbean-a-pirate-rtt-stealth-game

Kickstarter to launch March 5th, just a couple weeks.

A Commandos-style real-time squad tactics stealth game, not to be confused with Mimimi's Shadow Gambit: the Cursed Crew.

This one was actually announced almost a year ago! Did I miss the Codex thread?

Developer is Mercat Games ... doesn't appear to be the same Mercat Games from China that makes cutesy family board games ... but this is unconfirmed.

ss_2cd071aeb21a1f92f9b8edad45ab17cb94e26973.1920x1080.jpg

Steam said:
Frigato: Shadows of the Caribbean is a challenging Real-Time Tactics stealth game set in the intriguing realm of pirates.

gif3.gif

Take command over a motley crew of sea rogues and defeat superior forces of the enemy. A sound plan and tactical thinking will be indispensable, but should all else fail you can always resort to your intuition and improvise. Embark on a journey traversing the Caribbean Sea in the golden age of piracy.

gif1.gif

Sneak through ships and across harbors, mystical islands, and many other iconic locations. Lead your team to victory in a race against the British Royal Navy and snatch the Caribbean’s most valuable treasure. But beware! Tales warn of an ancient curse and monsters guarding the treasure.

gif2.gif

Discover the shady pasts of an aspiring captain and his crewmates. Utilize a diverse repertoire of character abilities to successfully defeat your foes. Be a quiet and elusive pirate gentleman, or a bloodthirsty murderer torturing his victims. Pay attention to your crew though, as the path you choose will inspire respect in some, while it may push others to mutiny. See what it’s like to be a true pirate captain!

gif4.gif

• Lead a unique crew, each member having access to a different set of abilities.
  • Dive into the golden age of piracy and experience epic adventures spanning the Caribbean Sea.
  • Investigate marine legends of cursed islands, mermaids, and many more...
  • Use cunning and tactics to overcome the enemy’s superior numbers.
  • Move like a shadow and don’t draw attention when eliminating successive enemies.
  • Play your own way! Topple a stack of crates on your enemies’ heads, set things on fire with tar, or break a mast in half to gain the upper hand.
  • Choose between non-lethal and murderous playstyles.
  • Your crewmates have their own motivations and values. How you act will affect their loyalty.
  • The way you play influences the world. Murder and torture may be more profitable now, but they will motivate your future targets to invest in better security.
  • You’re a real pirate and you love plundering and wealth. The riches you accumulate can be spent on better equipment, ammunition, or bribes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Where I live, Fregato means scammed. It's close enough in pronunciation that I'd advise caution.

Rly tho, why such a weird naming? Were all the frigate-related terms already taken?

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe it has lower production quality, but at least it does not look as vomit inducing as the new Mimimi's game.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game quietly released into Early Access yesterday. User reviews mixed so far, citing bugs and clunky interface. The devs are posting a bit on Steam forums but their posted Discord link is broken :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom