Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Freedroid RPG site updates

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Freedroid

The <A href="http://freedroid.sourceforge.net/">Freedriod RPG</a> site has updated with more fun development info, including the following:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>Added messages when mouse over some location with a teleporter event connected to it.</li><li>Completely new skills screen, thanks to Basse.</li><li>Enemies will now respawn after a level has not been visited for more than 10 minutes of game time.</li><li>New buckler model, thanks to Basse.</li><li>Introduced 2-handed property for weapons.</li><li>Bugs fixed: warehouse entrance and takeover introduction exit click detection.</li><li>Inventory screen redone, thanks to Basse.</li><li>Laser staff inventory images added with new shape: seems to work just perfectly.</li><li>New boots now in Tux gun motion too.</li><li>Standing animation for professor model added, thanks to Basse.</li><li>Inventory pool size enlarged to 10x6 subsquares.</li><li>New boots item portraits rendered.</li><li>Added the missing large shield to the sword motion. This was a bug reported recently.</li><li>Chat portraits are now shown properly.</li><li>Default graphics output method is now OpenGL.</li><li>New character model added: "hot_mama" shopkeeper, thanks to Basse.</li><li>New character model added: female scientist, thanks to Basse.</li><li>Stone Dialog extended.</li><li>New attack and walk and stand motion for red guard model, thanks to Basse.</li></ul>
<br>
<br>
Now, all we need is the windows version.
<br>

johannesprix

Novice
Saint_Proverbius said:
Now, all we need is the windows version.
Patience please. My brother is still in the process of moving and once he has his internet connection, it will not take long... hopefully :)
See ya, jp.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
johannesprix said:
Patience please. My brother is still in the process of moving and once he has his internet connection, it will not take long... hopefully :)

What APIs are you guys using other than OpenGL? SDL? GLUT?

johannesprix

Novice
Saint_Proverbius said:
What APIs are you guys using other than OpenGL? SDL? GLUT?
Everything is based upon SDL. I must say that Sam Lantinga and the others working on the SDL really have done a rock solid job, also giving very good portability. The OpenGL is in fact optional and came in only 2 month ago, but now it's the default method and recommended, since some things like shading obstacles and enemies smoothly just can't be done properly with SDL (well, ok, I'm wrong there, but it would take lots of memory and it doesn't seem a big priority right now) and of course for the speed. In fact, I'm quite satisfied with the engine so far. What seems to be our problem child is story, characters, maps and the like...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom