Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First time playing Planescape: Torment

lordfrikk

Scholar
^ Nasty!

Vibalist

Arcane
JrK said:
Don't listen to anyone suggesting high wis/int/cha! In fact, I recommend you to start off with low mental stats and just play a fighter type. You'll play through the game just fine, and stumbling upon a LOT of mystery just because you won't have the stats to explore fully. This will set you up right for a second playthrough in which the enormous amount of 'unlocks' because of high wis etc. will superbly amaze you!

That said, feel free to ignore my advice and just play what you want. Here's some tips though for certain builds:

- If fighter, raise CON first. You'll be undefeatable with insane regeneration.
- If mage, use spells and mage only items to boost your AC. Perhaps dex is a good stat to invest in.
- I personally find thief to be an excellent opportunity for an evil playthrough. Perhaps join the Xaositects if you can. I'd pick a high Charisma for my main mental stat.

I second this. Either go through the game as a fighter with low mental stats, or choose one mental stat to focus on and save the others for another playthrough. For instance, go through the game with a thief who has high charisma but low wisdom, then as a mage afterwards with the reverse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom