Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First NWN2 screenshot

Avin

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Any questions?

yeah, where are the codex free mousepads?

seriously now, this screenshot, for example, is something better to bitch about than a fable review :cool:

about nwn2:

1. it's obsidian's, not bio, they'll probably forget about the original OC.
2. touché
3. i found kotor II far better than the first and i believe they did well for something so dull headed as SW universe. a star trek game would make a greater crpg. maybe nwn2 is not going to be rushed...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Avin said:
1. it's obsidian's, not bio, they'll probably forget about the original OC.
They are working on a sequel to a game with a crappy OC and a toolkit, a game that became a commercial success because of the toolkit. I assume that the focus will be on the toolkit, not on the single-player part of the package. That doesn't mean that the game will suck as badly as the original OC did, but we shouldn't expect the same quality as we would have from a straight sequel to a SP game. Speaking of which...

3. i found kotor II far better than the first and i believe they did well for something so dull headed as SW universe. a star trek game would make a greater crpg. maybe nwn2 is not going to be rushed...
It's not the rushing that bothers me, it's the overall quality. The plot was basically "visit 4 planets to find 4 Jedi masters and then proceed to the final showdown". Broken/useless game mechanics - i.e. combat styles, crafting; boring area design (the endless starting area, the final areas, etc), weak combat. Hardly impressive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom