Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

fallout tactics bug(i really need help with this... save me)

sunny jim

Novice
well, for some reason in bunker delta, i can't initiate dialogue... i can't barter, recruit, or even check on the next mission. i updated it to 1.27, and i tried to get to the same point again by using an old save-didn't work.
is there anything i can do?

Deathy

Liturgist
1) Uninstall the game and forget about it
2) Revert to an older save and see if you can work it.

I recommend option 1, since the game is such a piece of shit, you shouldn't be playing it anyway.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Re: fallout tactics bug(i really need help with this... save

sunny jim said:
well, for some reason in bunker delta, i can't initiate dialogue... i can't barter, recruit, or even check on the next mission. i updated it to 1.27, and i tried to get to the same point again by using an old save-didn't work.
is there anything i can do?
You can kill them. Kill them all. After all, isn't that what Tactics is about?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
The best i can think of is uninstalling, reinstalling and patching it again (if older saves don't work). Tactics can occasionally sprout some errors players can't circumvent or bypass.

sunny jim

Novice
to the first reply, if you would read my post you would see i did what you reccomended in playing from an older save...
the game is not a piece of shit, if you stop comparing it to fallout... it wasn't meant to be fallout, and those who like tactics and fighting, enjoy the game(like me)... what's so lame about this game that you complain so much? in my opinion it's great as a tactics and action game...

Deathy

Liturgist
By calling it a piece of shit, I was comparing it to Jagged Alliance 2, and not Fallout. You want tactics and fun without bugs and unbalancing, play that.

Apologies. I must've missed the using old save comment.

Ausir

Arcane
When compared to Fallout in terms of setting and to Jagged Alliance 2 in terms of tactics, it is shit.

sunny jim

Novice
emm, if noone can help me fix this problem(no, i don't wanna just uninstall the game and throw it away :D , i would still like to finish it... kill me because i'm extatic about anything related to fallout:D), is there any chance anyone here played the game and keeped his saves? so that he can send them to me? i would really appriciate that... as i have tried to search google for saved games...

Rosh

Erudite
sunny jim said:
the game is not a piece of shit, if you stop comparing it to fallout... it wasn't meant to be fallout

sunny jim said:
kill me because i'm extatic about anything related to fallout:D),

I know it is gravedigging, but I just had to say that I enjoyed the irony of that statement given what you had said previously. I think it's also funny that just today you asked what was so wrong about Fallout Tactics at NMA.

Rosh

Erudite
Meh, it was a ways down the list, and I was basically taunting sunny jim. I had to congratulate the humor! :)

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
I heard that some people has a corrupt file on one of their cds, and that that fucks up bunker Delta (and everything after it). So.. make somebody send you that corrupt file or something D:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom