Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 Preview: How Fallout 3 Is Different Than Oblivion

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Edward_R_Murrow said:
RPG-wise, yeah. jRPGs, Jade Empire, Fable, and KOTOR have the same shitty gameplay that made mediocre stuff like Morrowind and Oblivion seem amazing. Hell, I'd take Oblivion over just about any of the aforementioned.

hmmm I need to think this statement over a few more times.

tunguska

Liturgist
both sides of all that fo3 fuss are getting really boring rather fast...

There is only one side. And if it bores you so much why post about it?

Punck_D

Novice
Re: Fallout 3 Preview: How Fallout 3 Is Different Than Obliv

So those two major throwbacks hopefully satisfy the sensibilities of the Fallout elite. But what about the rest of us? If (*ahem*) we don’t like shooters, but we do like RPGs, is there anything in Fallout 3 for us?

:lol: too funny

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
giantbomb.com said:
"I happened to pop my V.A.T.S. when I had a good shot at his weapon, so I expended all my action points targeting his launcher and managed to get enough hits with my measly pistol to knock it out of his hands. That just pissed him off, so he charged at me. Then I targeted his right leg and unloaded into that until he was crippled and couldn't keep up with me, after which I put some distance between us and shot the guy in the face repeatedly until he went down. The V.A.T.S. made it possible to immobilize and defeat an enemy I'm pretty sure I was too weak to be fighting. That was a fun strategic moment."

VATS - the ultimate bullet-time. APs seem to be only a rechargable source of crit rolls.

"A fun strategic moment"? - It's funny (in a not funny way) how people consider VATS as a TB/stategic mode. Nearly all of previewers mention it as a "noble"/oldschool feat (maybe I see too much between the lines), but in general they shit on TB.

Anyone remember this "preview"?

EDIT: wow, nobody pulled it down, yet. Check comments from Darth Reven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom