Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 1 glitch with the Blades in Adytum, I guess

aron searle said:
100indecisions said:
Oddly, when I talked to Gabriel again after having told him the deathclaws were all dead, instead of giving me his let's-wait-a-few-days dialogue

You are destroying the deathclaw eggs?

Yeah, that's one of the things that was also messed up in my earlier save--I killed all the deathclaws and destroyed all the eggs, told him I'd done it, got my XP and his agreement to help the Blades, and everything, but if I talked to him again, he'd react as if I hadn't destroyed the eggs and the only conversation option was to say sure, I'll wait a few days...which I could do without anything changing, and he'd still be stuck on that. So I'm wondering now if it was the Gunrunner files rather than those for the Blades and/or Adytum that got corrupted. Whatever, the why doesn't matter a whole lot now that I got the quest working properly again.

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
100indecisions said:
As far as I can tell, I've got the newest stable TeamX patch installed, and I think that's all.
The same happened to me as well, a few months ago, with the same patch. There were some other bugs as well, most notably in Junktown, IIRC. Additionally, the NPC leveling-up was pretty much screwed, with Ian being the only companion powering up properly, although the latest version of the TeamX NPC Mod is supposedly compatible with their latest v.1.3.5 Patch.

I couldn't be bothered to rummage through the scripts, and I think I saw your post on NMA a few weeks ago anyway. Since Wasteland Ghost visits the place from time to time, I think she may be already aware of the problem.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
See, this is why I play vanilla Fallout. At least then I know where the bugs are.

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Xor said:
See, this is why I play vanilla Fallout. At least then I know where the bugs are.
I agree. Sometimes, frustration is inevitable with them community additions. However, I have to give them a shot once in a while, due to various reasons.

I actually ended up going back to vanilla 1.2 Fallout, because the TeamX patches--while probably helpful--changed some stuff with the resolution that I didn't like and didn't know how to change. *shrug*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom