Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Facebook Games.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I am in a hospital. They provided me with a laptop. Cannot download, but seems ok with some browser games, so I'm thinking about onlining with some friends, if someone can find a decent facebook game. I don't have much time. In recovery, and I sleep/can't concentrate. Either way, I'm not impressed by what I've found so far, Farmville doesn't inspire me, in name or theme, so if someone could recommend a good RPG or something, great!

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Play Kingdom of Loathing (not FB).
Kingdom-of-Loathing-1-590x296.jpg

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Thanks! I got Stone Soup all fired up, funny enough, I can figure out all commands except "exit" and "save." Figured it would be tied to the esc key.

Also, those were the first kind words I heard at Codex, Sub. You are subsequently banned. :P

J/K, thanks man!

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Try one of those shitty pokemon browser MMO's, I never got to actually play them and they look like shit but maybe you'll like'em. Maybe some good old game ported to flash, but I don't think there is such a game.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Thanks. Any tips to avoid permadeath in Crawl? I'm having a fair time, but I started RPG's in the 1990's, and it's NOT FAIR I SHOULD BE SO ADDICTED TO SOMETHING THAT KILLS ME SO OFTEN! *ragequit*

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
How... serendipitous that someone had posted a flash version of ultima4 here before I posted that, those sites are interesting, I'm going to memorize them in case I get in the same situation

I wanted to play ultima but thought it was too much effort, now it's all streamlined, thanks too!

anyway OP, I think some of the more popular roguelikes are playable on browsers, you could try them too. I don't know much so I won't say any names, but those are the kinds that you find easily on wikipedia, in case you don't know much either. But you probably have plenty of games to play now.

edit: apparently there is no more ultima 4 browser version :decline:

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Consistently, I ask myself why the crap I waste time on FaceSpace when I could be doing something productive. Is it the social status? I have 9 friends.

Let's be honest. The only thing I want out of this is cooperative gameplay, with a modicum of intellect so I don't feel like a moron who rides a tractor into the bright, beautiful world of Farmville(C) every day to mow his lawn.

Norfleet

ArcturusXIV said:
I am in a hospital.
I think you need to address this problem first. You're already in a game, the one where you have to escape before you die horribly from the flesh-eating bacteria. Hospitals are where people go to die, and the longer you stay there, the lower your chances of survival.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Thank Nor, I'm doing the best I can, the condition I have is genetic and incurable, and I'm in assisted living with my little netbook now. However, you're correct. I'm making several corrections to my diet & attitude as I go, and have taken up meditation and a yoga course from the physical therapist while I'm there. To be fair, I thought *I* was going to die. I delivered an abcess from my latest bout with Crohn's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom