Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fable 2: Thoughts.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I enjoyed the first Fable for what it was: a piss easy mini-Sims world where I can harass people and do whatever. Game was a bit too small for my tastes and the story was horribly generic. However, It was nice relaxing fun.

So I see that Fable 2 is out for cheaper along with some DLC. Is it worth $20 for some mindless, Sims wanna be fun?

Achilles

Arcane
I don't know, but if we believe Pete Molyneux's word, the game is shit and not worth playing. He should know, he created it.

Multi-headed Cow

DragoFireheart said:
I enjoyed the first Fable for what it was: a piss easy mini-Sims world where I can harass people and do whatever. Game was a bit too small for my tastes and the story was horribly generic. However, It was nice relaxing fun.

So I see that Fable 2 is out for cheaper along with some DLC. Is it worth $20 for some mindless, Sims wanna be fun?
If you liked Fable 1, sure. I'd say Fable 2 is even easier, but it's been years since I played the original so maybe I'm thinking it was tougher than it was. Since you enjoyed piss easy mini-Sims world where you can do whatever, that's Fable 2. If achievements are your bag Fable 2 has some good ones, doing silly shit like having a freaky three way or getting X number of villagers drunk in a certain amount of time.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Clockwork Knight said:
It's silly fun and the story is kinda interesting; the villain is a real dick, perhaps even more of a dick than the one from Fable 1. That's all there is to it, really. Just ignore whatever Molly said.

But is it Platinum Edition $20 worth it?

But is it Platinum Edition $20 worth it?

Eh, I guess. It's not like there's a lot of must buy games right now, anyway. The story is basic but fun, and I liked the humorous item descriptions.

Btw, I never encountered bugs while playing, other than sometimes a person's name being stuck on the top of the screen after I'm done talking to them (fixed by saving and loading).

Multi-headed Cow

They must have, since I bought it well past launch and didn't run into a single bug that I can remember.

Duckard

Augur
Fable had good soundtrack (shut up, I liked it). I don't remember Fable 2 that well, but I do remember over the shoulder shooting.

Konjad said:
There are Codexers that enjoy Fable?

Good for what it is, etc.

Tbh, I always thought the usual 'ZOMG UNPLAYABLE I VOMITED ADTER 3 MINUTES OF PLAYING BECAUSE MY REFINED TASTES TELL ME TO REPLAY PST FOR THE 67TH TIME" reaction to be really faggy and autistic, and maybe a sad attempt to fit in.

Felix

Arcane
Konjad said:
There are Codexers that enjoy Fable?

:what: :rage: :what: :rage: :what: :rage: :what: :rage: :what:

Aren't you enjoy Oblivion yourself ? :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom