Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

F3 whiners unite, your time has come

Deleted member 7219

POOPERSCOOPER said:
Perhaps FanMadeFallout(FMF) can be released on the FO3 tools?

Oh, hey Poops. How's it going?

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
The real question is why would anyone waste their time working on mods for an engine that has a lousy combat system and a lot of serious flaws. The art assets are not nice enough to justify using this as a modding platform imo.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Drakron said:
Black said:
We're gonna get Moira sex mod in January. Calling it now.

Someone already put some of the Oblivion custom dancing animations into Fallout 3.

Even with a editor I suspect most mods will be of this type ...

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=587

(note: the comment section of that one is priceless because it demonstrate all that is wrong with moding and current prevailing "interweb" attitudes)

I don't get it? How would a moronic mod like this make the game any more fun/interesting? These people need to stick to JRPGs and crap where the thinking is done for you, damnit, instead of encouraging Bethesduh to continue hijacking classic series.

spectre

Arcane
I don't get it? How would a moronic mod like this make the game any more fun/interesting?

I think the author had a sudden revelation while on the crapper: ZOMG, Unclaves are liek nazisorzors!!111onone1!nine1eleven.

Drakron

Arcane
spectre said:
I think the author had a sudden revelation while on the crapper: ZOMG, Unclaves are liek nazisorzors!!111onone1!nine1eleven.

Like I said, read the comment section (spectre is right).

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It took me a while, but I finally thought of a mod I want that to my knowledge hasn't been made yet: I want to modify armour in the way some mods have introduced weapon jamming, i.e. I want a chance that a shot manages to go through a weakened spot.
The way I imagine it, it would actually improve armour by reducing the effects of deterioration, although I am not perfectly sure which way I want to go. Knowing me, it'd be something complicated.
For PA, I'd actually like to script mechanical failure, i.e. loss of the strength bonus, agility penalties etc.

Drakron

Arcane
Why not just add a percentage chance of bypassing AC and resistances?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Drakron said:
Why not just add a percentage chance of bypassing AC and resistances?
That's just the basic effect. I was thinking more "I don't know if I want to introduce the effect once the condition drops below 50% of if I want it to start right away, and how exactly I want to calculate it and how strong it should be.

I'm now thinking I want a pefect condition area at maybe 95% up followed by a stable "good condition" area of maybe 25% below which the armour starts degrading continuously until it reaches its lowest area at maybe the bottom 20% where the armour doesn't get any worse.

denizsi

Arcane
Don't forget to take body locations into account. Little differences like higher percentage for left arm with the one sleeved leather jacket, or higher percentage for limps with vault suit armor would be nice.

Texas Red

Whiner
FO 3 could really use quests not consisting on traversing the wasteland and shooting stuff. Where are quests such as the Gecko powerplant or New Reno family business?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Dark Individual said:
FO 3 could really use quests not consisting on traversing the wasteland and shooting stuff. Where are quests such as the Gecko powerplant or New Reno family business?
That's not something Bethesda does well.

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
Andyman Messiah said:
Dark Individual said:
That's not something Bethesda does well.

Your response seems to imply there is something Bethesda does well. . .

Dark Individual said:

There are a few. You Gotta Shoot Em In The Head, Replicated Man, and Trouble on the Homefront are all damn great quests. Tenpenny Tower was okay too. It's just too bad they didn't give more consideration to that side of design and less to mind-numbing dungeon hacks with Bethesda's sorry excuse for "action" combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom