Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Exult - What is broken when using higher resolutions?

dougbrad82

Novice
Hi all, Just starting to play ultima 7 with exult. Want to play with higher res, but exult documentation says some parts are broken with high-res. Cant find any specfic info though. so question is I be able to play ultima vii and expansions in high res, or will I not be able to complete the game?

Ammar

Scholar
dougbrad82 said:
Hi all, Just starting to play ultima 7 with exult. Want to play with higher res, but exult documentation says some parts are broken with high-res. Cant find any specfic info though. so question is I be able to play ultima vii and expansions in high res, or will I not be able to complete the game?

Can't give you any specifics but you will be able to see things you shouldn't (due to dungeon engine which lets you look through walls) and might trigger some eggs prematurely (events that happen when you see/reach a certain place). Safest thing is to just use the original resolution or increase it slightly to 320*240. Just pick a nice scaler and the graphics will look somewhat better while keeping your field of vision unchanged.

made

Arcane
I completed it just fine in 640x480 (x2 scaler) a while back. Noticed only one issue which was solved by version 1.4. Save often, just in case.

Antagonist

Liturgist
If this is your first time playing Ultima 7 I don't recommed using a higher resolution other than the original native one as you won't be able to know when something is wrong due to the resolution change until it's maybe too late.

dougbrad82

Novice
Antagonist said:
If this is your first time playing Ultima 7 I don't recommed using a higher resolution other than the original native one as you won't be able to know when something is wrong due to the resolution change until it's maybe too late.
Played it when it first came out actually, but never played expansion packs. love the look at higher resolutions, but guess I just use scaler to be safe. thanks for all the info!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom