Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Barbarorum; when barbarian horns become too much.

I have been playing Rome total war with the EB mod for some time now. However, I have become sick of the barbarian drums and horns. The cacophony is grating on my nerves and I wonder if it may be possible to change back to the vanilla music? No wonder the Romans conquered them. I would too if I had to hear this sound all the time.

deshields538

Scholar
This is something I would also like to know, haven't played EB for a while now though.

I appreciate that they're trying to make the music more historically accurate like everything else in the mod but the only themes I thought were better than the originals were the steppe themes and some of the Roman and Greek stuff.

Most of the non-steppe barbarian tunes sound horrible.

ever

Scholar
The best part about it was the music, the game actually sucks

ever said:
The best part about it was the music, the game actually sucks

dawson-crying.jpg

L'ennui

Magister
"Help me guys I want to play as a tribe of hard-as-nails crazy killing machines but I FIND THEIR MUSIC IS NOT SOOTHING AT ALL, WHAT GIVES???!?"

You might feel more at home playing as some decadent successor empire full of eunuchs, sodomy and McDonald's.

:P

L'ennui said:
"Help me guys I want to play as a tribe of hard-as-nails crazy killing machines but I FIND THEIR MUSIC IS NOT SOOTHING AT ALL, WHAT GIVES???!?"

You might feel more at home playing as some decadent successor empire full of eunuchs, sodomy and McDonald's.

:P

Neither soothing, nor grating really does the trick. I can see why they were killing machines after listening to their top 20. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to go around cutting off other peoples heads after playing the game for a few hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom