Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Etherlords 2

dragonfk

Erudite
Guys should I even bother with this game?

desocupado

Magister
If you like card games, you should. The story is your generic fantasy crap, but the gameplay is quite good.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Bought, played, liked it.

It was cheap, generic magic the gathering rip off but still kinda fun. AI was quite good, graphics werent bad, and again, it is cheap.

Definitely try it out if you like card games/MtG.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Etherlords 2 is AWESUM. Quite possibly one of the hardest games you'll ever play. Some encounters were racist to the point that I think the enemy was downright cheating.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Darth Roxor said:
Etherlords 2 is AWESUM. Quite possibly one of the hardest games you'll ever play. Some encounters were racist to the point that I think the enemy was downright cheating.

THIS

Game is great, but its one of the hardest strategy games I ever player. I think that I only found Shadow of the Horned Rat more difficult. Story is ok (for this type of game) and graphics and animations are quite good.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh come on guys, it is not that hard. At least it wasn't for me, but I suppose I am a MtG veteran. Still some strategy and you can win everything without too much trouble.

astrosmurf

Novice
I think the story was very good (for a fantasy computer game). Beautiful in some places, even. And the gameplay was very well paced - you are almost always just barely strong enough to beat the current tier of enemies - and varied - you get new cards and enemies all the time, and they are not only (mostly) stronger but also often different from what you have had and met so far, so that your tactics have to change gradually as the game progresses.

If you happen to play the game, I would strongly suggest you play the campaigns in the order they're listed, even though you technically can play them on any order. Because there are some nice plot twists that are mostly ruined by knowing about them in advance. (I know this because played the campaigns in the wrong order, and I feel that was a mistake. :cry:)

The first one was much more hardcore (you had to protect castles and micromanage various shit and the encounters were much tougher). The both games use the same engine, so the graphics are mostly identical.

MetalCraze

Arcane
When I was playing the first one it was much more hardcore in that it was the first game to make me literally fall asleep out of boredom.

Tired of repetitive crappy combat I let AI handle the current battle and went to lie down on sofa. When I woke up 2 hours later the battle was still going. For fuck's sake.

Needless to say that in the next minute the game left my HDD forever.

bgillisp

Scholar
MetalCraze said:
Tired of repetitive crappy combat I let AI handle the current battle and went to lie down on sofa. When I woke up 2 hours later the battle was still going. For fuck's sake.

How is that possible? Ether burn would have killed you (or the opponent) long before 2 hours pass, unless the game locked up on you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom