Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Essential Morrowind Mods?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lover's Bitch mod.

m56540_meanwhile_in_cyrodiil.jpg

:M :M :M

Fake Edit: Oh wait, you said Morrowind, not Oblivion.

:M :M :M

MCA
Misterhamper said:
But you complained on the first pic of Seyda Neen, which was from MGSO, that the textures was far too different hence shit
("And the detailed high-res textures. Which feel awkward when I recall the original textures. I've never really liked any of those texture mods.")

Compare the first picture with this one fx.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_j-UwTGzHn1o/T ... een_01.jpg

The textures look pretty much the same style and feel the same, except much higher quality and below dynamic shadows and shaders.

Ofcourse Codex can not into anything but complain :salute:

Dear retarded person, that is your worthless opinion devoid of perceptive abilities. To me, they look different enough. Hay roofing in the originals look like absolute crap, like sawdust. Weft shades over the door look the same. For whatever reason (ARTISTIC LIBERTY!!!!11), the author has utterly diminished the very clear distinction between the two in vanilla textures. Likewise, for some reason, someone have seen it fit what looks like marble or other stone platform by the entry. I don't need pretentious assholes interposing their tasteless shit and calling it "FAITFULL TO ORIGINAL ARTWERK". Texture mods are dime a dozen and each one I've seen were like that. Thanks for participating and demonstrating (OH YEAH CODEX COMPLAINS ABOUT EVERYTHING AMIRITE) your sub-intelligence, though. Now bye bye, stupid piece of shit.

MCA
Clockwork Knight said:
^That's disgusting and unnatural.

Well, since TES is a fantasy emulation of Imperial Rome, it's only appropriate:

291p1n8.jpg

Also, I'm watching BBC's I, Claudius and one of the characters confess that Tiberius (emperor) made her commit bestiality :M

DraQ

Arcane
dextermorgan said:
DraQ said:
dextermorgan said:
inb4draq and Masterbatormind stay the fuck out of my thread kthxbye.

In that case you don't want Morrowind mods, you want oblivious.
:smug:
No no no, you misunderstand, inb4draq because I expect you to be the major contributor. Mastermind is the one supposed to keep the fuck out.
Ah, ok, but I've already posted my list of essential mods several times and between my laziness and desire to preserve the atmosphere, don't install much visual ones.
:?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
dextermorgan said:
There perhaps already exists such a thread but with a handy dandy excuse of not having a functional forum search I don't have to worry about that.

So anyway, after years of not touching that game I'm feeling the itch to replay it and am interested in the best mods for the game. I'm partial to Dwemer lore and dungeons, don't particularly care for fancy costumes and am not too worried about the brokenly overpowered enchantment system. Also, should I install expansions as well? I recall one of them being particularly annoying with OP assassins going after a fledgling adventurer making rest a thing to be feared until you've leveled up a bit.

:love: in advance.

inb4draq and Masterbatormind stay the fuck out of my thread kthxbye.

I haven't played Morrowind in so long that I couldn't have recommended anything and wouldn't have posted. Until I saw this that is. :troll:

Misterhamper

Scholar
villain of the story said:
Misterhamper said:
But you complained on the first pic of Seyda Neen, which was from MGSO, that the textures was far too different hence shit
("And the detailed high-res textures. Which feel awkward when I recall the original textures. I've never really liked any of those texture mods.")

Compare the first picture with this one fx.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_j-UwTGzHn1o/T ... een_01.jpg

The textures look pretty much the same style and feel the same, except much higher quality and below dynamic shadows and shaders.

Ofcourse Codex can not into anything but complain :salute:

Dear retarded person, that is your worthless opinion devoid of perceptive abilities. To me, they look different enough. Hay roofing in the originals look like absolute crap, like sawdust. Weft shades over the door look the same. For whatever reason (ARTISTIC LIBERTY!!!!11), the author has utterly diminished the very clear distinction between the two in vanilla textures. Likewise, for some reason, someone have seen it fit what looks like marble or other stone platform by the entry. I don't need pretentious assholes interposing their tasteless shit and calling it "FAITFULL TO ORIGINAL ARTWERK". Texture mods are dime a dozen and each one I've seen were like that. Thanks for participating and demonstrating (OH YEAH CODEX COMPLAINS ABOUT EVERYTHING AMIRITE) your sub-intelligence, though. Now bye bye, stupid piece of shit.

You are as stupid as they come. Sawdust rooftops? LOL good luck with that. Artistic liberties have to be taken when you can not tell what a thing is even supposed to be. That you imagined hay roofs as sawdust rooftops? just shows your bad imagination. Or maybe it is hyperactive instead.
About the distinction between the weft shades and the roof. Do you think the artist took two completely different textures and just copy-pasted one texture over the other, when he spent all that time on all the other texures? Use your brain and look closer next time. Or keep complainin over trivial shit that doesn't even have any merit like a true Codexer.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Ulminati said:
Clearly my Morrowind CD was dissolved by the divine light of TEH EMPRAH. He watches over us, and makes sure we do not replay impure games.

lkO0h.jpg

dextermorgan

Arcane
Show / Hide Show/Hide :: Click here to show/hide the hidden post made by Mastermind.
Hook, line and sinker. :smug:

Gragt said:
Patch the game, install the bugfix mod, install an alternate leveling mod, then play.
This is all fine and well but I've already played vanilla (and expansions) a few times. I keep hearing people gushing how installing x number of mods turns Morrowind from flawed but good game into a great game and I want in on that.

DraQ said:
Ah, ok, but I've already posted my list of essential mods several times and between my laziness and desire to preserve the atmosphere, don't install much visual ones.
:?
:rage:

Ulminati said:
....Damn you, you're tempting me to reinstall Morrowind even though I know it's going to be a hiking simulator
Come to the dark side...

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
dextermorgan said:
This is all fine and well but I've already played vanilla (and expansions) a few times. I keep hearing people gushing how installing x number of mods turns Morrowind from flawed but good game into a great game and I want in on that.

Speaking from my own experience, you'll likely get high expectations and will spend a riduculously large amount of time hunting and installing those mods, some of which will require other mods as dependencies which you'll then need to track down and install, and after that will be the time to deal with the incompatibilities that will arise. If by then you aren't disgusted yet, you'll fire the game and find out that it doesn't change that much. If you ask me, it's not worth it, but feel free to see for yourself.

The big problems with mods for Morrowind (and other Bethesda games) is that there is no unified vision. Each represents a little piece, that may work fine individually, but will often clash with the others you may add, forming some sort of ugly and coarse patchwork. I'm also not fond of the concept of heavily modding a flawed game, thinking it will magically turn it into something much better, because it doesn't work that way. Using a mod to change or correct some flawed aspects is fine and can do wonders — in Morrowind's case, I'd say the biggest offender that you can easily change is the leveling system — but changing the whole thing is basically placing your trust in dozens of amateurs of varying skill level who each have their idea on what they can do to improve the games, and often are at odds with each others.

If there was a concerted effort done from scratch to create a mod that would improve various aspects of Morrowind, all unified under one vision, I'd be interested. But as things currently are, modding Morrowind will have you waste a lot time for very little in return. But, as with everything else, you're the one who decides.

dextermorgan said:
Gragt said:
Patch the game, install the bugfix mod, install an alternate leveling mod, then play.

In this case take a look at this list, it tries to be conflict free and avoids major lore raping.

Both the main mod in the list (BTB's Game Improvements - can be too nazi for some players, if you dont like what you see in the readme just use Wakim's GI) and the Morrowind code Patch were updated recently.

BTB said:
Argonian Clothing Choice

Oh, for the love of fucking shit, enough with the lizard tits already.

dr. one

Augur
Starfire's NPC Additions, Creatures X, Wakim's Game Improvements - Modular, LGNPC, Rise of House Telvanni, Uvirith's Legacy, Darknut's Greater Dwemer Ruins

The knot is that thing on a dog's hard dick that keeps him locked to the bitch while he's cumming, so she can't walk away and waste his precious cum. Sometimes he'll get bored and start dragging her with him.

dog-breeding-tie.jpg

C'mon Jaesun, you're the one that's supposed to be knowledgeable about cocks here

Ruprekt

Scholar
Gragt said:
I'm also not fond of the concept of heavily modding a flawed game, thinking it will magically turn it into something much better, because it doesn't work that way.

That's true up to a point, like Oblivion, where the game is hopelessly bad but it has a superb modding toolkit.

Pervert mods aside... I still hold that Oblivion can be modded into the best action dungeon-crawler/explorer/monty-hauler.
Add deadly reflex, stealth-overhaul, magic rebalancers, and content additions (like OOO) + other small tweaks: and the result is a kind of free roaming (like one of the more expansive roguelikes) dark messiah (only less kicking).

Morrowind, I agree, it's best to either leave it be, or just go for fixes for the most egregious exploits, because there's actually a game world worth exploring and a story worth discovering (try and avoid spoilers).

mr.doo

Educated
villain of the story said:

Actually no.
Textures are obviously different, but the art style is the same. Stop your whining already.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
It's kind of sad that with the viewing distance gone you can see the final Dwemer ruins from Ald-Ruhn. I suppose in some way being in the dark made my 2003 play more enjoyable. Ignorance is bliss.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Ruprekt said:
Gragt said:
I'm also not fond of the concept of heavily modding a flawed game, thinking it will magically turn it into something much better, because it doesn't work that way.

That's true up to a point, like Oblivion, where the game is hopelessly bad but it has a superb modding toolkit.

Pervert mods aside... I still hold that Oblivion can be modded into the best action dungeon-crawler/explorer/monty-hauler.
Add deadly reflex, stealth-overhaul, magic rebalancers, and content additions (like OOO) + other small tweaks: and the result is a kind of free roaming (like one of the more expansive roguelikes) dark messiah (only less kicking).

Yup. One of my best and longest (500+ hours) gaming experiences was a very heavily modded Oblivion game where I played a Khajit thief/archer. But it was a lot of work to install the game and maintain it with so many mods, so I only played untill my character was level 22. But even after 500+ hours I had only explored about half the game world and had not even started the main quest.
I doubt I'll do this again though, as it is just too much work to stay on top of all mods and mod tools and to make it all work together.

DraQ

Arcane
Lord Chambers said:
It's kind of sad that with the viewing distance gone you can see the final Dwemer ruins from Ald-Ruhn. I suppose in some way being in the dark made my 2003 play more enjoyable. Ignorance is bliss.
Well, I spent a lot of time configuring MGE so that it combines the best of both worlds. It's in no way economical in terms of bang per computational effort, but it now renders distant terrain, while obscuring everything further than 3 cells with distance fog. The effect is draw distance not large enough to shatter the illusion of scale, while at the same time you can see silhouettes of really distant features on the horizon.

The game with certain exploitable limitations in mind, so breaking them makes it suffer.

Then again, I only use MGE, LizTail's mod, BB and artifact replacer for Chrysamere (because it's fucking fugly) in terms of cosmetic stuff, although some of it looks at least partially tempting.

Also:
BTB said:
Argonian Clothing Choice

Oh, for the love of fucking shit, enough with the lizard tits already.
:incline:

Female Argonian models are boob-less, so it's high time to fix the female cuirass/shirt models making them sprout mammaries.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom