Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Escape Simulator VR Open Beta: Seeking Feedback

Iggy_Pine

Pine Studio
Developer
Hey everyone,

I'm Igor from Pine Studio, and we've just launched the demo/open-beta for Escape Simulator VR. I'm reaching out to the RPG Codex community to gather your valuable insights and make the game even better.

First, about the Game

Escape Simulator VR offers an immersive escape room experience playable solo or in online co-op with up to 8 players (optimal 2-3). We've rebuilt the game from the ground up to deliver a comfortable and highly immersive VR adventure. At least we hope so.

ezgif-1-781a5362e9.gif

ezgif-1-ebf2725902.gif

Central to the gameplay is realistic physics, bringing the player as close as possible to a real-life escape room. Every non-nailed object is interactive—pick it up, toss it aside if it's not needed, and move furniture to uncover hidden compartments.

ezgif-1-3b8d1d3a3d.gif

Escape Simulator VR supports various locomotion types, including teleport, smooth move, controller-based movement, and full room-scale setting. Whether you prefer snap-turning, seated, or stationary mode, the game is adaptable to player's preferable playstyle.

In co-op mode, you can team up with friends for voice-supported collaboration. Discuss puzzles, share items, and tackle challenges together. Notably, you can also play with non-VR players.

ezgif-1-7a41b0d090.gif

The game features 25 original rooms, developed in collaboration with real-world escape room designers, divided into four theme packs: Labyrinth of Egypt, Adrift in Space, Edgewood Mansion, and Omega Corporation. Additionally, there are five extra one-off rooms to explore.

Now, about the Beta

The demo, now available on Steam, serves as an open-beta for the VR version, offering a glimpse into the experience without being the final product.

What elements did we overlook? What aspects should be prioritized for improvement?

Also, a temporary fix for an issue with VR headset not connecting

If someone can't make the game work (not only ES, but any game) via Steam Link you need to switch to Steam VR as a current OpenXR Runtime.

I sincerely hope you guys will find time to test the game and let me know how you enjoyed it or didn't :)

Thank you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom