Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark HELP!

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
!B89t)!gCWk~$(KGrHqUOKikEzWy3Wp5lBM4b8NF62w~~0_35.JPG

:M

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
:lol:

Try Callahan's, Mission Critical or Blackstone Chronicles. Some of my favorites. If you are up for some fantasy, Death Gate and Shannara are great.

Btw, you got a crush on Elvira? Shame on you, black man.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Baww, forget about it in your ignorance.

Troll me in gd at least, this is kind of thing shouldn't fly in the adventure forum.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Returning to your original post, FretRider, proper answer should be like this:
Much more
better written
Yes.
, smarter
Yes.
and much less frustrating.
No.
entertaining,
No. :smug: I enjoyed both Elviras and Legend's games what I played (Gateway, Eric the Unready and Spellcasting 101), but half of entertaining from Elvira lays in its CRPG roots. They are hybrid games, after all. And I always liked DM-clones.

Phelot

Arcane
Yeah, I really like the RPG elements in the Elvira games. Wish there were more of them. I admit the whole "horror" theme is kind of dry in this day and age, but I like the whole limited reagents and spells.

TBH, I haven't played that many Legend adventure games other than Shannara which was a bit weak even if very atmospheric and nicely drawn, but that Mission Critical game looks cool, I'll need to "find" it online somewhere.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Try Eric the Unready, I laughed my ass off with this one, game is just brilliant and almost don't have sophomoric humor of Spellcasting.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
I enjoyed both Elviras and Legend's games what I played (Gateway, Eric the Unready and Spellcasting 101), but half of entertaining from Elvira lays in its CRPG roots. They are hybrid games, after all. And I always liked DM-clones.

The best Legend adventures are the latter ones, imho(at least as pure P&C adventures). You don't know what you are missing.

The idea of making adventure games based on literary works is great in itself. Too bad no company carried that torch after Legend folded.

TBH, I haven't played that many Legend adventure games other than Shannara which was a bit weak even if very atmospheric and nicely drawn, but that Mission Critical game looks cool, I'll need to "find" it online somewhere.

I have a soft spot for Callahan's Crosstime Saloon. Seeing your all-american taste in humor and fiction, I think you will like it. Mission Critical is great as well.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
You don't know what you are missing.
Maybe, but usually I'm combatfag through and through. I play adventure games on the whim and with big intervals between them. Time of my another adventure spree is coming closer, though. I remember reading Deathgate once. Maybe I should play it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom