Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Silverfish

Arbiter
I am good. I still don't like getting randomly smashed by a weapon I can't see or know is coming because it comes through the floor.

So the Souls games can keep experienced players on their toes and prevent things from becoming entirely rote. This is bad for some reason.

Hell Swarm

Educated
I don't even remember that. Are they the ones you fight as a duo? Because i killed those before getting to Volcano Manor.
No, there's one in the actual dungeon in the lava by a tower. It's able to hit you through the tower on the opposite side or can aggro and attack you up through the floor. There's issues with almost all the virgins in that area because the attack range is so long and they're positioned in places capable of sniping you from places you can't see/haven't got to yet.

Volcano manor has a lot of issues like this. It's either unfinished like Lost Iz was (which had less issues if you didn't mind being blind..) or they didn't give a fuck and thought it was fair game to let enemies do stuff like this. There's places the lizards with whips will hit you through walls as well, which is also quite annoying.

ferratilis

Magister
60 INT + Meteorite Staff (off-hand) + Carian Regal Scepter + Terra Magica + Wondrous Physick (+int, +magic dmg) + Magic Scorpion Charm = 1622dmg with Rock Sling. And I'm sure there are other buffs that can be applied. And let's not even talk about crazy shit like Comet Azur, that's another level.

Another funny thing is that the Arrow's Reach Talisman also affects Rock Sling, which means your range is increased by 65%, crazy stuff for items you can obtain immediately. Their approach to design is interesting, you get so much power from the get-go. If you want challenge, then you need restraint. Can't say this is a bad approach, because the thing I dislike about a lot of modern games is how much they focus on balance. Good thing about ER is that there's something for everyone.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
You can apply other buffs: talismans and head items to get attack power when you get blood loss, poisoned, rotten, frenzied, when your HP is low, incantations like golden cow and howl of shabriri for a combined 35% damage etc.
Plus this video. Watch it.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I don't even remember that. Are they the ones you fight as a duo? Because i killed those before getting to Volcano Manor.
Nobody does, it's some completely random and extremely minor bug that Smell Swarm latched on to as an excuse to hate on ER.

If you've experienced this abductor maiden bug that Smell Swarm is raving about, rate this post as doggy. If not, rate it as kitty.

Is it something they cannot fix or they're just being dicks? They are certainly capable of making player attacks bounce off walls. Always a feel good moment, dying because of that shit.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Is it something they cannot fix or they're just being dicks? They are certainly capable of making player attacks bounce off walls. Always a feel good moment, dying because of that shit.
It's something they choose not to fix. There's no reason why enemies couldn't bounce off walls or at minimum put in a line of sight check before allowing long range attacks. If there's a wall between the player and the enemy they can't use their ranged shit.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
It's like you're allergic to legitimate criticisms about Elden Ring. Even as a "From fanboy", I could easily write six paragraphs about how much the multiplayer system sucks balls, is unfun for invaders, and is just all-around a massive step back from previous titles. In fact, I just might.

Hell Swarm

Educated
It's like you're allergic to legitimate criticisms about Elden Ring. Even as a "From fanboy", I could easily write six paragraphs about how much the multiplayer system sucks balls, is unfun for invaders, and is just all-around a massive step back from previous titles. In fact, I just might.
Who are you talking to? I would completely agree the multiplayer system is broken and has been since Dark souls 1 when it stopped being an indie title with a small number of players. In Elden ring it's a completely busted system that doesn't work at all with the scale of locations and lack of a way to find each other.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Who are you talking to? I would completely agree the multiplayer system is broken and has been since Dark souls 1 when it stopped being an indie title with a small number of players. In Elden ring it's a completely busted system that doesn't work at all with the scale of locations and lack of a way to find each other.
So we agree on something. Thank God Almighty, we agree on something.

I have no idea why you're calling Dark Souls an "indie title" though. If you're talking about the budget limitations of that time, then I guess that's accurate.

Hell Swarm

Educated
I have no idea why you're calling Dark Souls an "indie title" though. If you're talking about the budget limitations of that time, then I guess that's accurate.
Demon's souls was effective an indie title in the west. Very limited release. Dark souls was when they went full AAA with the series and at the point you start asking why shit is so broken.

Hell Swarm

Educated
I could easily write six paragraphs about how much the multiplayer system sucks balls
That's the singular thing that truly fucking sucks and where FS unquestionably bent the knee, no discourse no excuses no nothing. Rune activation should open you up to invasions end of story.
Stop being a faggot. You should always be up for an invasion. There shouldn't be a hollow mode any more.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
You can both agree that it should have been opt-out rather than opt-in.

Or at least opt-in in field (so you don't get kicked off Torrent) and either opt-out or non-negotiable in Dungeons and Legacy Dungeons (Where you can't use Torrent anyway).

That would make sense, I guess too much sense for From, since they are still doing that gayass shit when you can't get invaded in areas where the boss is defeated. Something that went away in DSII and should have stayed gone for the rest of the series.

Spike

Educated
I DID IT, BROS. I BEAT MALENIA W/O MIMIC TEARS OR ANYTHING. JUST MY (broken blood) BLADE...IT DIDN'T EVEN TAKE A WHOLE BUNCHA TRIES THIS SESSION. I can't believe it! I DID IT BROS. Tch, better luck next time, Miyazaki. I'm DLC-ready, baby.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom