Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Earth Defense Force 6 - Spring 2024 coming to PS4/PS5/PC

ADL

Prophet

The EDF deploys (again)

911 Jumper

Educated
Couple of the EDF games were, surprisingly, recently on sale on the Xbox Store. I didn't even bother. I don't get the draw. They all look like really poorly made third person shooters with graphics from the PS2 era. If the games did something unusual, I could perhaps understand the cult following, but I see nothing in these games that would make me say, “this feature is unique” or “it's so bad, it's good.”

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Yea like, I'll be interested if they pressed the envelope, turned a bit more serious, but if the appeal of the game is just 'waste time killing hordes of big bugs and shit', like the last fifteen games, its like, pass.

The Decline

Arcane
The story is a bit more involved this time, seems the devs watched Edge of Tomorrow or read the manga it was based on.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Hmm. I am a huge fan of the series but from that interview, the conclusions I'm getting are:

No significant engine upgrade because it's hobbled by the PS4.
No new classes.
Day one DLC.

No thanks? I'd probably have fun but christ I've got other shit I'd enjoy too and they sure aren't trying very hard. Not going to dump 70$ or whatever on the game just because they recorded a whole new cheesy script over basically the same gameplay.

Zlaja

Arcane
Which game in this series is the best one? I've been thinking giving one of them a try, but they all seem very similar.

ultimanecat

Arcane
Would’ve enjoyed the Prowl Rider/ grapple class from Iron Rain carrying over to the main series. That game has its issues but I loved zipping around with that.

As for best game to start, either 4.1 or 5 are fine, honestly. They are very similar just with minor graphical, class balance, and enemy differences. I’d probably get one of them on sale and you’ll know within an hour or two whether it’s something you like or if you should refund.

Edit: Should add that 5 has some quality of life stuff that makes 4 and before seem a bit clunky in comparison, so it might be good to start there but will be harder to go back after.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom