Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Siege III XBAWX 360 Demo out

Stabwound

Arcane
Satori said:
PC version leaked.

Damn liar.

Well there's a link out, but no comments to verify its authenticity and I'm not about to download it to find out.

When I look at DS3, all I can see is this:

hypnosis+spiral.jpg

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Could this be the first Obsidian game I play on a console? Perhaps just a rental, maybe twice?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dicksmoker said:
Perhaps just a rental, maybe twice?
Seven times or it never happened.

I'm also thinking about getting this on console. At least I could play coop with my brother.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Dicksmoker said:
Could this be the first Obsidian game I play on a console? Perhaps just a rental, maybe twice?

Get it on PC for better graphics alone. Theres no reason to buy the console version.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Being the one that I am (check signiture), I've just preordered the game. But I changed my mind, I want this on PC (it was much cheaper of course this way).

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Demo was ok... seems like it could be entertaining. One surprise was that the VA for the main playable female was shockingly bad. Most of the voice work for the other characters seemed acceptable, but they were going for some sort of accent with her and it did not work at all, in my opinion. Instead of sounding foreign, she just sounds like she has no idea what she is saying.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I'm not interested in this type of game but I've seen the term 'fluid combat' used a lot in reviews and PR hype lately. Does anyone know what it means?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Hm... Seems like the console ARPG (Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath) players don't really like the game. Though the major noise is whining about how there's not "proper" co-op.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, isn't the co-op the 'drop in' variety where the person joining is just there for lulz and doesn't get xp, gear, etc (or, rather the ability to retain it)? Pretty stupid.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Each player/character does get gear, xp, etc. except that it's only stored on player 1's computer. It's "stupid" for online co-op (if there is any) but for local co-op it's fine. DS3 doesn't really strike me as the "do random missions with random people" type of game like D2 but rather just a linear, story-based co-op romp you might play once or twice so whatever.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
If you want the basic Diablo mechanics with an actual RPG GAME wrapped around it, check out Divine Divinity. Otherwise keep jerking off to whatever this thread is about.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
CreamyBlood said:
If you want the basic Diablo mechanics with an actual RPG GAME wrapped around it, check out Divine Divinity. Otherwise keep jerking off to whatever this thread is about.

And my response (like most of the other suggesions of play Classic X) is: can only play that so many times before you want to try something different.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Oh, the other funny thing is how much people who have played the demo are ripping on the graphics. Either they're blind or Onyx Engine isn't matching the hype.

Stynes

Barely Literate
IronicNeurotic said:
PC comes on 7th June

Impressions by a gamebanshee user
I downloaded it when I saw the reminder here earlier. Played through the whole thing with Lucas, and I was very well pleased. Decently challenging on the normal level, with fluid combat and what looks like a robust loot and upgrade system. On top of that, it looked excellent, one of the better looking games I have played (though, admittedly, most of the games I play seem to get hammered for bad graphics).

I really felt the VA was above average as well, and the art design very pleasing. Overall, I'd say that the demo lived up to the faith and trust I had in Obsidian. Very much look forward to playing the full game, and I see myself putting 150+ hours into this puppy, just to master all classes and go through the whole story with a friend online, which is at least 5 playthroughs:)

crossing my fingers it does as well as it deserves and gets some DLC.

maybe i would play it if it wouldn't be top down game (like that Balders Gate or wtf was it called), and you know when my buddies will see that i play top down game on my XBOX360, they are gonna laugh their asses off and think that i am one of these stupid trolls. who wants to be ashamed by playing shitty graphics game on xbox 360? who? trolls of course.

Ermm

Erudite
Stynes said:
IronicNeurotic said:
PC comes on 7th June

Impressions by a gamebanshee user
I downloaded it when I saw the reminder here earlier. Played through the whole thing with Lucas, and I was very well pleased. Decently challenging on the normal level, with fluid combat and what looks like a robust loot and upgrade system. On top of that, it looked excellent, one of the better looking games I have played (though, admittedly, most of the games I play seem to get hammered for bad graphics).

I really felt the VA was above average as well, and the art design very pleasing. Overall, I'd say that the demo lived up to the faith and trust I had in Obsidian. Very much look forward to playing the full game, and I see myself putting 150+ hours into this puppy, just to master all classes and go through the whole story with a friend online, which is at least 5 playthroughs:)

crossing my fingers it does as well as it deserves and gets some DLC.

maybe i would play it if it wouldn't be top down game (like that Balders Gate or wtf was it called), and you know when my buddies will see that i play top down game on my XBOX360, they are gonna laugh their asses off and think that i am one of these stupid trolls. who wants to be ashamed by playing shitty graphics game on xbox 360? who? trolls of course.

Looks like someone got a banhammer.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
Stynes said:
who wants to be ashamed by playing shitty graphics game on xbox 360? who? trolls of course.

errr... how is that different from any other 360 game?

if you think 360 graphics are good in any shape or form...

you need to play some PC games.

Dezzy

Novice
Looks like a fun co-op game. Only real issue I had was when you hit an enemy, it doesn't really make any impact sounds.

Feels like I'm waving my sword on them and they die, not like I'm hitting them. No real damage graphics or blood effects either, unless them flashing white when hit counts..

Ermm

Erudite
TheWesDude said:
Stynes said:
who wants to be ashamed by playing shitty graphics game on xbox 360? who? trolls of course.

errr... how is that different from any other 360 game?

if you think 360 graphics are good in any shape or form...

you need to play some PC games.

I think he is not going to respond you lol.

One thing is sure, he is the fastest banned person what I have seen on this site.

Cynic

Arcane
Lol banned!

Fucking Square Enix is withholding the demo for people in EU (which includes Australia for some reason now) from playing the demo on PS3 until AFTER the fucking game comes out? Can you say retarded Square Enix? No of course you can't because you're too retarded to even speak with all that foaming drool pouring from your quivering retarded lips.

Of course the demo comes out for PC tomorrow so I will be playing it asap. Watched the video of some LPs of the demo on youtube. It looks fucking sick.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLLOLOL HARDDCORE GAMERS IF YOU READ THE HUGE FUCKING POPUP THAT SAYS BROS YOU CANT SAVE IN THE DEMO SO WE RESPAWN YOU AFTER DEATH LOLLOLOL AT PC GAMERS NOT READING LOLLOLOL

ANYWAYS BROS MY HALFASS DEMO IMPRESSIONS

COMBAT AND DIFFICULTY SEEMS OKAY REMINDS OF DVINE DIVINIETY 2 BUT THE FUCKING GAME IS JUST A STRAIGHT LINEAR PATH WITH A WORLD MAP LIKE FABLE

PRODUCTION VALUES SEEM DECENT OVERALL FROM THE DEMO I WOULD NEVER CONSIDER BUYING IT BUT MAYBE IT WILL SELL TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I didn't really expect much non-linearity from an ARPG like this -- that said, certainly not going to pre-order or day one purchase but it'll be a decent pickup at $20ish.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Way to fail on the PC demo, Obsidian. No strafing keys (A and D turn) and no input mapping.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom