Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age expansion is popamole

Saios

Novice
It also brought back my dead badass but naked. I completed it with a party of two rogues and two warriors. What the fuck Bioware, what the fuck.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I completed Fo with a big hammr. Talk about wackamole - and, in FO's case, that's literal. LMAO

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Volourn said:
I completed Fo with a big hammr. Talk about wackamole - and, in FO's case, that's literal. LMAO

This is sig material. Best Volourn quote in recent memory. :thumbsup:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They got me too. I liked original DA (even with it's flaws) so I spend my cash on add-on too. Hell, I could as well throw this cash to a thrash bin. I couldn't even finish this shit even when I tried hard. It's just so boring I cannot go on. Stopped playing about half-way through when I realized there's nothing - just NOTHING - else in this game except filler combat

Malachi

Liturgist
You would think that being an unplayable piece of crap expansion would be the worst. But it's not. Apparently the expansion also has a tendency to break mods for DAO. Current theory is that installing the expansion OR the patches for DAO that prepped for Awakening (1.03 and 1.04 so far) also installs a black list of item meshes from the original game that are not permitted to be loaded. The result is that the mods that add these items no longer add them.

Why did Bioware do this? The theory is that they wanted to reuse resources instead of creating new ones. So they simply blocked the old ones, but instead of confining this block to Awakening, it also affected DAO. I'm not clear on the details, but laziness and bad coding are suspected.

Coyote

Arcane
Xor said:
Volourn said:

Yeah, it was actually somewhat clever for once.

Wasn't the expansion supposed to give more information about the origins of the Darkspawn, make their motivation a little more complex than "DURR, WE EVIL, WE KILL"? How'd it do on that front?

Saios

Novice
I unfortunately spent half of the expansion waiting for it to stop being terrible, didn't happen. Not saying Ogren wasn't cool but what the fuck was that sending one of the least interesting characters over to an expansion. Not to mention adding things that should have been in dragonage orginally, like lets say armor slotting. The hardest fight in the game, Storm Dragon, is a rip-off of a wow raid boss. I liked the original Dragon Age even though it had some issues but what the fuck is this. I would actually shit on the developers desks in front of them if I had the chance. I am dissapoint.

Saios

Novice
Coyote said:
Xor said:
Volourn said:

Wasn't the expansion supposed to give more information about the origins of the Darkspawn, make their motivation a little more complex than "DURR, WE EVIL, WE KILL"? How'd it do on that front?

Also terrible, some convoluted story about how all darkspawn hear the cries of the old gods and are forced try and bring on the next herp derp. They also introduced some walking boner that represented a groupd of darkspawn that wanted to stop the cycle and I don't quite remember but I think it was live a subterranean life. Although the only way for darkspawn to become resistant to the old gods is to, get this, drink the blood of a Grey Warden. Yeah thats right, they have to drink the blood of people that have drank their blood. Bravo on that one Bioware.

ironyuri

Saios said:
Coyote said:
Xor said:
Volourn said:

Also terrible, some convoluted story about how all darkspawn hear the cries of the old gods and are forced try and bring on the next herp derp. They also introduced some walking boner that represented a groupd of darkspawn that wanted to stop the cycle and I don't quite remember but I think it was live a subterranean life. Although the only way for darkspawn to become resistant to the old gods is to, get this, drink the blood of a Grey Warden. Yeah thats right, they have to drink the blood of people that have drank their blood. Bravo on that one Bioware.

In the original it was implied that the darkspawn ate the dead on the field of battle.... so wouldn't that mean when they ate say, Duncan, they'd become not-darkspawn? And like every other fucking Warden ever killed.

What the fuck Bioware?

made

Arcane
Saios said:
Although the only way for darkspawn to become resistant to the old gods is to, get this, drink the blood of a Grey Warden.
LOL

Do they get dramatic cutscenes of similar quality to the original Joining scene too?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Stereotypical Villain said:
Twack ye Mole.
PBF216-Thwack_Ye_Mole.jpg

Saios

Novice
Yeah my advice is to not buy it, but if you feel like windowshopping you can always download and crack it. Fuck that expansion, I can't believe it's still 35 -45 Canadian in stores.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Malachi said:
I'm not clear on the details, but laziness and bad coding are suspected.

Sounds about right, very rarely do developers really care more than two shits about mods, at best they merely tolerate them.

Are there any benefits to a grey warden drinking the blood of a darkspawn that has already drunk of grey warden blood? Does the awesomeness level of the characters continue to rise with each cycle?

:retarded:

Garm

Learned
Saios said:

Wow, that's fucking stupid. That's right up there with Fallout 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom