Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age animu

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Drakron said:
The only "D&D animu" are Record of Lodoss War and Rune Solider, maybe Slayers andr some other "fantasy" based series
Slayers has little to do with D&D, aside from poking fun at some of the D&D tropes. Being sword-and-sorcery is about the only thing the two have in common otherwise.

Drakron

Arcane
Sceptic said:
Slayers has little to do with D&D

What part of "maybe" failed to register?

Only Record and Rune Soldier are D&D animu being based on Sword World RPG that itself only happened after they failed to secure the D&D publishing rights in Japan and so they gone with their own version.

There are A LOT of anime that could be said to be "D&D" as jRPGs and D&D share pretty much the same bases.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Drakron said:
Shannow said:
[Edit]: Anyway, Elfen Lied was D&D in anime adaption. Absolute generic D&D stuff. I don't remember any sex or overmuch violence.

You dont remember period.

The only "D&D animu" are Record of Lodoss War and Rune Solider, maybe Slayers andr some other "fantasy" based series, Elfen Lied is not in any sense close to it.
Yep, mixed it it up with Record of Lodoss War. Good thing I have at least one knowledgable codex weaboo to correct me.

Luzur

Good Sir
thats very good since someone needs to point me to some info about Record of Lodoss war and those other you pointed out.

like, what they are about.

Gerrard

Arcane
After that DLC chick in ME2 this proves that Bio is a bunch of weeaboos.

Maximum irony.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Luzur said:
Mikayel said:
Donkey Balls said:
Elfen Lied.

You mean the gore or the pedophilia?

isnt that the one with girls with big tits and alot of awkward moments?
No it's about the girl who fell from all of her limbs, then apologized because she isn't used to it. They looked at the torso in shock.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
What did Codexian weeaboos think of RahXephon? It's the first time I've seen random Nahuatl in an anime, or indeed anywhere else. I watched the whole thing and thought it was a much more palatable take on this sort of things than Evangelion.

How about Last Exile? Slow-paced, but there's something to be said for the art direction.

Melcar

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
What did Codexian weeaboos think of RahXephon? It's the first time I've seen random Nahuatl in an anime, or indeed anywhere else. I watched the whole thing and thought it was a much more palatable take on this sort of things than Evangelion.

How about Last Exile? Slow-paced, but there's something to be said for the art direction.

I though RX was rather gay and not as cool and fuck up as Evangelion. It was easier to understand though (story wise).

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Melcar said:
Lesifoere said:

I though RX was rather gay and not as cool and fuck up as Evangelion. It was easier to understand though (story wise).

Yeah, but it doesn't have an entire episode consisting entirely of flashing text while protagonist clutches his head and emo's the fuck out of everything.

Plus, better art.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lesifoere said:

Personally, I prefer more militant take on things; Gasaraki or Argento Soma for example.

Drakron

Arcane
RX had symbolism with a purpose, NGE just had it for the heck of it.

I do prefer RX over NGE but mostly because NGE simply runs out of plot.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
WhiskeyWolf said:
Personally, I prefer more militant take on things; Gasaraki...
Please, stop giving him shitty series to watch.

OH SORRY, HOW ABOUT SOME SHIN NEKONEKO MEGAMI GUNDAM SEED XD LOL RNG EDITION INSTEAD?

This review basically sums up the reasons why I like the series:
http://wakaranai.animeblogger.net/?p=548

All anime* is shitty, there is no such thing as safe recommendation when it comes to it. Some people can tolerate some types retardation better than others. My tolerance on slow pacing and "dull" characters is clearly higher than yours.

*) Okay, maybe I could name 5-10 titles out of 200-300 I've watched.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Haba said:
This review basically sums up the reasons why I like the series:
http://wakaranai.animeblogger.net/?p=548
I raise you.
http://whiskeywolf.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... raki-rant/

The only thing people "think" is good about Gasaraki are the mecha which try to be as realistic as possible. Of course even here they are wrong.
Haba said:
All anime* is shitty, there is no such thing as safe recommendation when it comes to it. Some people can tolerate some types retardation better than others. My tolerance on slow pacing and "dull" characters is clearly higher than yours.

*) Okay, maybe I could name 5-10 titles out of 200-300 I've watched.
Don't give me that shit about "tolerance". You know, there is a clear boarder between slow-paced and just plain boring as there is between "dull" characters and cardboard cut-outs.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
WhiskeyWolf said:
Don't give me that shit about "tolerance". You know, there is a clear boarder between slow-paced and just plain boring as there is between "dull" characters and cardboard cut-outs.

Feel free to tell me the exact measurement unit you use to measure how boring something is.

WhiskeyWolf said:
I was an active resident of one of the chans

Oh nvm... (O.K. that was low)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Haba said:
WhiskeyWolf said:

Feel free to tell me the exact measurement unit you use to measure how boring something is.
Feel free to tell me how everything is subjective.
Haba said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
I was an active resident of one of the chans

Oh nvm... (O.K. that was low)
No, I must face the past and all my wrongdoings. Better earlier then later.

Zeros

Novice
The Dante's Inferno anime flick wasn't bad. It had some nice segments animated by different studios (like Gotham Knight) - even the one that did Ninja Scroll, I think, was there.

Hopefully the DA animu uses one of these that are worth the time. It could be fun at least then.

Jive One

Educated
Zeros said:
The Dante's Inferno anime flick wasn't bad. It had some nice segments animated by different studios (like Gotham Knight) - even the one that did Ninja Scroll, I think, was there.

Hopefully the DA animu uses one of these that are worth the time. It could be fun at least then.

A bastardized film format based off of a bastardized game based off one of the greatest pieces of western literature of all time.

Forget Bioware or Bethesda, if this isn't indicative of the decline of civilization then nothing is.

Zeros

Novice
I ain't gonna disagree. But one thing is that and another is the possible quality of the animation studios behind a flick. Could have just used Gotham Knight as the example and it'd remain mostly the same.

In that regard, at least the source material the anime is going to work with isn't a sacred classic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom