Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info DoubleBear Design Update

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: DoubleBear Productions

Brian raises the following question:
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">This week, I’m throwing out a question to the forums based on this premise: How long would it take you to take a major threat seriously, if you even did? While I was working on one of the outbreak stories found in the game, I started thinking about just how easy it is to tune out news or how stubborn people can be to accept news that challenges routine. For example, when hurricanes hit, in cases where there is a 100% chance of it hitting a certain area, there are always reporters out asking people when they plan to evacuate, and more than one will claim they are going to “ride out the storm.”
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
Read the rest <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,1433.0.html">over there.</a>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.irontowerstudio.com">ITS</A>

Shannow

Waster of Time
Looking at how people are treating the global financial crisis it is pretty safe to say people can close their eyes to anything for indefinite amounts of time. If one person can profit from the status quo, he'll tell everyone else that all is fine. And they'll happily believe him and continue showering him with wealth and power. Because sheople want to be led. And strong leaders and wise experts give a sense of security that is able to overcome even the most ugly faced, undeniable truth.

deuxhero

Arcane
As someone who lived in (and still does) fl-24 during the 2004 Atlantic hurricane season, I can tell you that only the first hit (which killed the power and thus the AC) was something I would have left for. Katrina was an issue because at some point in history some idiot(s) thought it would be cool to build a city below sea level (Katrina also had the issues with the parasite population.

Dionysus

Scholar
Brian said:
While I was working on one of the outbreak stories found in the game, I started thinking about just how easy it is to tune out news or how stubborn people can be to accept news that challenges routine.
I started thinking about it when I watched Sean of the Dead. It was pretty funny.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
While I was working on one of the outbreak stories found in the game, I started thinking about just how easy it is to tune out news or how stubborn people can be to accept news that challenges routine. For example, when hurricanes hit, in cases where there is a 100% chance of it hitting a certain area, there are always reporters out asking people when they plan to evacuate, and more than one will claim they are going to “ride out the storm.”

my2012.png

denizsi

Arcane
In line with the recent history of this country, if I hear/read that masses of religious zealots are lynching "heathens & blasphemers" left and right on any major city or in a number of surrounding cities, or anything hazardous of similar proportions happening, I'm migrating to the family village first thing in the morning. If I manage to make it there (8+ hours ride), already got food and other stuff stocked there and plenty of arable land that's worked once each year (by relatives on their spare time. Don't get ideas). If that isn't an option, then watching for any similar activity in my city to try and organize some locals.

Longshanks

Augur
Clockwork Knight said:
Like most people, I only get worried when I can smell the burning corpses
Well, even then most people will pretend it's not happening, as long as there's little chance of it happening to them.

denizsi

Arcane
Also,
Brian said:
While I was working on one of the outbreak Origin stories found in the Zombie Age

Fixed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom