Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you think I'd like NWN2: MotB?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Did Roshan say that he found Arcanum's combat worse than Torment's?

And he thinks Torment's combat is better than NWN2's?

Vibalist

Arcane
I say complete the OC. It pays off in MoTB, in terms of knowing the full story and also because you have some rather fun encounters with past companions.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I didn't complete the OC, hell, I didn't get far in it and I played MotB without having any 'lolwut' moments due to a lack of knowledge of the oc events.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
In all fairness -

MotB starts after almost the entire OC crew dies a horrible death.

It starts after the main character has been transported to a whole new land.

It is completely divorced from the OC.

And btw, the journal gives an entire summary of the OC's story.

Playing OC = not necessary. I say this as one who did.

Vibalist

Arcane
Not saying that you'll have plenty of lolwut moments, but rather that it feels nicer to have been told the whole story. MoTB still makes perfect sense, but imo the thing will feel a lot more coherent if you've been through the OC and know from the beginning what the sword of gith and the shard is.

And yes, the journal does give you a summary, so basically it comes down to whether you prefer to have experienced the whole story yourself or whether you can live without all the details. I prefer the first one, but to each his own.

Castanova

Prophet
If I wanted a story, I'd read a book and save myself the trouble of wrestling with an atrocious game engine. There's no gameplay. Terrible game.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
MotB takes care of NWN2 camera problems well enough, and it has decent pausable real-time combat. Quite a few fun fights in there.

MotB is actually fun for simply exploring around, fighting, finding connections between objects and clues and their usage in some other area, and stuff like that.

Trust me, I care little for story in games, but I still found MotB quite fresh and extremely fun. It was actually one of the best gaming experiences I have had in the recent while.

Witchblade

Scholar
It does look as if pushing through with the OC might be worth it. I think I'm going to wait for a time when not distracted by other games. Or simply use a bit of self-discipline there...

Vibalist

Arcane
I know that this is technically off topic, but since it would feel a bit silly to start a new topic over something as minor as this, I'll ask anyway. I recently acquired the "Ice Troll Berserker" feat in the game after completing the three challenges in the berserker lodge. Now, the game says that this perk is supposed to negate the AC decrease you usually get when going into a berserker rage and even add 2 to your armor class, yet when I go into rage I still get the -2 AC penalty. Strangely enough, when I remove my armor and protective equipment (like ring of protection and bracelet of armor and so forth), I suddenly get the bonus. If any of you know more about D&D than I do, could you tell me whether Is it supposed to be like that or if it could be a bug?

Worm King

Scholar
Vibalist said:
I know that this is technically off topic, but since it would feel a bit silly to start a new topic over something as minor as this, I'll ask anyway. I recently acquired the "Ice Troll Berserker" feat in the game after completing the three challenges in the berserker lodge. Now, the game says that this perk is supposed to negate the AC decrease you usually get when going into a berserker rage and even add 2 to your armor class, yet when I go into rage I still get the -2 AC penalty. Strangely enough, when I remove my armor and protective equipment (like ring of protection and bracelet of armor and so forth), I suddenly get the bonus. If any of you know more about D&D than I do, could you tell me whether Is it supposed to be like that or if it could be a bug?

Why do you care? Those several points don't mean crap with the epic levels.

Vibalist

Arcane
Eventually the bonus is supposed to rise to +4, then +6, so that's a difference of 8 points of AC. My last character sucked ass and couldn't get through any of the battles without help from Gann and Safiya's spellcasting, so this time I'm trying to perfect my build.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom