Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you have a backlog? Tell us about it.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Since steam fags buy games that they never played there's now multiple websites to track the games you have. I use it to keep track of games that interest me but sometimes i don't own, if there's nothing interesting that came out i use the randomizer to choose something.

JQdSGv1.jpg

I made the thing this year and helped me finish a couple of games.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I refuse to quantify it with an actual figure, it grows every week and it'd be demoralizing. Instead, I maintain a .txt with what I beat, when and what my post-mortem feelings are. Better to grow a log of finished games than unfinished ones.

Still want to get around to playing more jap stuff in general, but I don't really gel with the four-niggas-in-a-row format. I've been wanting to start with more chessboard stuff like the Ogre Battle games and Front Mission or other games with a team-building bent like SMT or Digimon or anything outside of that mold. I also find the divergence between the Western and Eastern takes on Wizardry fascinating, and I mean to dig into both sides one of these days.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I refuse to quantify it with an actual figure, it grows every week and it'd be demoralizing. Instead, I maintain a .txt with what I beat, when and what my post-mortem feelings are. Better to grow a log of finished games than unfinished ones.

Still want to get around to playing more jap stuff in general, but I don't really gel with the four-niggas-in-a-row format. I've been wanting to start with more chessboard stuff like the Ogre Battle games and Front Mission or other games with a team-building bent like SMT or Digimon or anything outside of that mold. I also find the divergence between the Western and Eastern takes on Wizardry fascinating, and I mean to dig into both sides one of these days.
Ogre Battle is on my top 5 JRPG games and extremely underrated, read the manual before starting the game, it's really complex. I'm still amazed that the game ran on a fucking SNES.

I don't really have a backlog. I own a few games I haven't played yet but I don't feel obligated to play them. I have a notepad file with a list of games that interest me, and when I want to play a game I glance at it and pick whichever one appeals to me the most at that moment. Currently playing through World of Final Fantasy.

FriendlyMerchant

What's the point of buying up a new game when you haven't finished the ones you're already playing?

Gastrick

Cipher
Created one in excel, that keeps track of anime and books as well. It doesn't have several hundred games because I try to limit it to around 20 games, but even then it would take around 400 hours to clear.

Dr1f7

Scholar
I've finally accepted that there's 4 or 5 games I like and I'll never play anything else

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I try to keep only a couple new RPG's on my list otherwise I start to get some sense of dread like I will do several false starts on all of them and beat none of them. This is why I am suffering through the last chapter of Pathfinder to get to Atom.

Modron

Arcane
Set yourself a moratorium on new purchases (exceptions made for proper rpgs of course) and pound away at your log for 2-3 years before lifting it.

Humanophage

Arcane
Turns out buying games for rubles and not playing them wasn't such a bad idea. Now you can't buy them any longer, but you still own them in the convenient Steam format (GOG is too slow, Torrents lag behind and can be very slow if the game is not major).

Overall, my backlog is something like this. I own maybe around 25%, and many can be easily downloaded.

Now playing:
Knights of the Chalice 2
Field of Glory: Empires

Will definitely play:
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
The Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Fallout: New Vegas
Shadow Empire
Disco Elysium (new edition)
Suzerain (want to replay)
Geneforge 5
Grimoire
Age of Decadence (want to replay)
Alpha Protocol
Temple of Elemental Evil (want to replay)
Witcher 3 (want to finish)

Will probably play:
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
Dark Souls
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Frostpunk
UnReal World
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
Solasta
Dragon Age: Origins (want to play in a different language, for the first time)
Old World
Fallout Nevada
Distant Worlds: Universe
Fallout 1 (want to replay)
Jagged Alliance 2 (want to replay)
KOTOR 2 (want to play in a different language)
Baldur's Gate (want to play in a different language)

On the radar:
Drakensang: River of Time
Factorio
Project Zomboid
Pathologic 2
Workers and Resources: Soviet Republic
Imperiums: Greek Wars

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
Warbanners
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Monster's Den: Godfall
Stellaris
Serpent in the Staglands

Somewhat interested:
Song of Syx
Warsim
Empires in Ruins

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have a backlog of 417 games. 250-300 of those, I would like to finish at some point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom