Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Max Damage

Savant
Tk6H4bm.png

Yes, I am an idiot for sticking any longer with this game, but seriously, who playtested this shit? This flying turd is 90% impossible to aim at in either default or top-down camera, in a fucking TURN-BASED game. I may or may not end up writing a whole wall of text about how shit almost everything is about this dumpsterfire, I refuse to believe the devs played this from start to finish.

behold_a_man

Educated
Yes, I am an idiot for sticking any longer with this game, but seriously, who playtested this shit? This flying turd is 90% impossible to aim at in either default or top-down camera, in a fucking TURN-BASED game. I may or may not end up writing a whole wall of text about how shit almost everything is about this dumpsterfire, I refuse to believe the devs played this from start to finish.
You can target enemies by clicking on their icons on the bar indicating turn order at the top of the screen - which also provides a fallback in case the screen is bugged, as you have noticed.

Max Damage I never had camera problems. You can slightly rotate the camera. I found that to be enoufh.

I had my fill of this game after besting the snow level. If you felt it was a slog prior to this, then abandon all hope ye who persist. I finished it fir the sake of it, but damn did it crawl after winterland.

Spike

Educated
Max Damage I never had camera problems. You can slightly rotate the camera. I found that to be enoufh.

I had my fill of this game after besting the snow level. If you felt it was a slog prior to this, then abandon all hope ye who persist. I finished it fir the sake of it, but damn did it crawl after winterland.
"I finished it for the sake of it" - sadly, this is my fate as well. I simply...Must. However, I have decided to not let other CRPGs be stalled as a result. Baldur's Gate 1 shall continue soon, uninhibited. Combat and encounters are pretty fun in OS 1 though, at least.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I never finished it, the game is only semi-good in Cyseal and I couldn't stomach it after getting to the dark forest.

Yeah you could rotate the camera just a tiny little bit in the original, but you had full 360º control in the EE. However you had to deal with all of the other changes introduced by the EE...

Reality

Learned
More accessible skill vendors and standardiing level requirements for skills (6,9,12,15) for for novice/medium/expert skills instead of each skill having it's independent level requirement.

There is some spell removal but it's mostly for redundant things like small fireball + fireball < only fireball.

Original had bedrolls you could carry in backpack so you had a voiceless way to heal party put of combat.

Original had more extreme perk choices that could break game from level one (stand in blood to heal one)

Less voice acting is a good thing where Larian is concerned.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Less voice acting is a good thing where Larian is concerned.
Not just less voice acting. The vanilla edition not only had partly voiced dialogues which work better for this kind of game but also good voice acting (especially for main characters). They replaced it with full dubbing in EE but with very mediocre actors. That was the greatest disappointment for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom