Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Diablo 3 Season 23 Gets Some 411

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Blizzard North; Diablo III

There's a Season 23 Announcement which also includes information on the upcoming patch for Diablo 3. The blog post mentions cosmetic items, new conquests, new journey rewards, and so on. They also cover changes to followers in the new patch. Here's a snippet:

Season Journey Rewards
If you’ve been diligently slaying demons before and reached Conqueror in the Season Journey each time, you’ve surely accrued a few extra stash tabs. You’ll earn one additional tab each Season by finishing the Conqueror tier, up to a maximum of five:

• Far Away: Kill the Siegebreaker Assault Beast at level 70 in under 30 seconds on Torment X difficulty.
  • Money Ain't a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment X difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed's domain, The Vault.
  • A Little More: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo.
  • 4 Minutes to Save the World​: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment X difficulty within 4 minutes.
  • Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
  • All I Do is Win: Complete 2 Conquests this Season.

Well, at least it might give everyone waiting for Diablo 2: Resurrected something to do while we wait.

Spotted at Blue's News

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Console game with Warcraft art direction and ridiculous stat inflation. I heard good things about this patch, but one patch ain't gonna change that. Probably the worst Diablo game of all time.

Lol. Nobody cares. D3 barley meets the definition if an ARPG. They have a product strategy to hype prior editions to bring attention to a new game in a franchise, but nobody cares.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, I got to say, I passed on Diablo 3 twice. When it first came out, Torchlight 2 came out at the same time. So, I got Torchlight 2 instead. About a year ago, I got a Switch. I heard that Diablo 3 was out on the Switch, so I figured I'd get it for the Switch and check it out. Then I noticed Torchlight 2 was out on the Switch, and bought the Switch version of it. I actually played it way more on the Switch than I did on PC. Even though the inventory system on the Switch is cumbersome, I had a lot more fun with it on a controller. I installed Torchlight 2 on the PC after playing the Switch one, and they never bothered doing the controller thing on the PC version. Oh well.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
No offline... no D3. I ain't buying a console to play it offline. Dumbfuck blizzard.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bought Diablo 3 on launch and spent around 100 hours in the game overall at different points in time, with different patches, etc. Never have I regretted lost money and time more.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Console game with Warcraft art direction and ridiculous stat inflation. I heard good things about this patch, but one patch ain't gonna change that. Probably the worst Diablo game of all time.
Probably? It's by far the worst one unless Diablo Immortal was released when I wasn't looking.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Diablo series died after the D2 expansion.

There will never be another decent diablo game. Nor Starcraft or Warcraft game. Modern Blizz is just trash.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I had to look at some old footage to recall how high damage gets in D3

I'll assume number and letter = as follows
K thousand
M million
B Billion
T trillion

I guess but then I saw this vid with no letters

I need to find a 2021 vid.

ok..

o.O?! I guess i need to look at top damage in D1 & D2 now.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Holy shit! That's JRPG levels of damage! What level do you have to be to get that high of damage? And yes, I assume there's a lot of items involved in that too, but DAMN.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I think one was at least 850 something, but i have no real clue.

Funny the cutting room floor content in d1-2.

DIABLO WIKI
Diablo II
For damage in the Diablo II engine, the maximum amount available to be dealt in a single hit is 8,388,608 (223). This number, however, is reduced severely when used in Player Vs Player scenarios.

Jarulf's guide
This PDF has all the information you need about Diablo 1. On page 9 it says,

Damage done by players is composed of two parts, character damage and weapon damage. The character damage is based on your character’s stats and can be calculated with the formulas below. To that damage you add the damage of any weapon, or weapons in the case of the Bard, you have equipped. For information about damage from spells, see chapter 4.

Bow character damage

Warrior: Str·clvl / 200

Rogue: (Str+Dex) · clvl / 200

Sorcerer: Str·clvl / 200

Monk: (Str+Dex) · clvl / 600

Bard: (Str+Dex) · clvl / 500

Barbarian: Str·clvl / 600

Melee character damage

Warrior: Str·clvl / 100

Rogue: (Str+Dex) · clvl / 200

Sorcerer: Str·clvl / 100

Monk with staff or bare-handed: (Str+Dex) · clvl / 150

Monk with other weapons: (Str+Dex) · clvl / 300

Bard with at least one sword: (Str+Dex) · clvl / 150

Bard with any weapon(s) except sword: Str·clvl / 100

Barbarian with axes and clubs: Str·clvl / 75

Barbarian except for axes and clubs: Str·clvl / 100

Extra bonus for Barbarian without shield: Vit·clvl / 100

Eh.. I was hoping to see a vid range or online calculator.

https://www.diabloii.net/calcs/

Eh, so the damage arms race for d4 or immortal (who cares about immortal) will be what? Even more retarded or back to basics? Damage bloat to ridiculous levels.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Diablo series died after the D2 expansion.

There will never be another decent diablo game. Nor Starcraft or Warcraft game. Modern Blizz is just trash.

SCR was the last good thing they made. D2R seems like it will turn out similar, but it wasn't made by Blizz.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So D4 damage will be uh... lordy...!!! I mean from 1-2 was damn high. 2-3 is ridiculous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom