Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex 3 dev thinks Deus Ex sucked

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Saint_Proverbius said:
Wyrmlord said:
The difference is that you are not working on any Deus Ex project while that guy is.

Times like this is when I wish I'd saved Gareth's big list of Why Deus Ex Sucked.
Let's put it this way. You are among the sane men who realize that Deus Ex sucks while those of us who like it are delusional maniacs. Fine.

But since you and other sane ones don't like Deus Ex in the first place, there is no need for you to bother with any other Deus Ex game anyway.

But then, the delusional maniacs loved their Deus Ex and will gleefully spend their surplus money on another one like it. It would be a win-win situation. The delusional maniacs get what they want, someone else makes money out of it, and the sane men would not be the worse or the better for it, since they don't care.

But hey, a person comes out saying that he's bringing another Deus Ex, and then presents something that looks nothing like what the delusional maniacs wanted in the first place. The delusional maniacs don't spend their money, that guy putting huge bucks into giving them the game doesn't get it back, and all that remains is a project of huge potential wasted. Nothing further is ever done in the series.

Of course, we delusional maniacs will not lose anything, but then again, nothing is gained either. It's just worth pointing out.

Wyrmlord said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
Wyrmlord said:
The difference is that you are not working on any Deus Ex project while that guy is.

Times like this is when I wish I'd saved Gareth's big list of Why Deus Ex Sucked.
Let's put it this way. You are among the sane men who realize that Deus Ex sucks while those of us who like it are delusional maniacs. Fine.

But since you and other sane ones don't like Deus Ex in the first place, there is no need for you to bother with any other Deus Ex game anyway.

But then, the delusional maniacs loved their Deus Ex and will gleefully spend their surplus money on another one like it. It would be a win-win situation. The delusional maniacs get what they want, someone else makes money out of it, and the sane men would not be the worse or the better for it, since they don't care.

But hey, a person comes out saying that he's bringing another Deus Ex, and then presents something that looks nothing like what the delusional maniacs wanted in the first place. The delusional maniacs don't spend their money, that guy putting huge bucks into giving them the game doesn't get it back, and all that remains is a project of huge potential wasted. Nothing further is ever done in the series.

Of course, we delusional maniacs will not lose anything, but then again, nothing is gained either. It's just worth pointing out.

Quite correct. I am sure he was thrilled after Fallout was dressed up and sold for a dime.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom