Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Descent to Undermountain - Playing it in 2024...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
For the technical part, probably. The engine was not designed for _that_...
The Descent to Undermountain development was so troubled and widely known in the company that the threat of being moved to the project was used as leverage at Interplay.

I've always wondered how much the Descent to Undermountain engine diverges from the original Descent engine, because there's source ports of Doom that can play Strife, but the I have never seen anyone asking why the Descent source port doesn't do DtU.

DarkandGloomyName

Barely Literate
I was a frequent poster in the old Interplay Dragonplay Tavern back before DTU came out. When it hit, the forum went batshit. A lot of the folks started recommending Faery Tale Adventure 2 as an adequate alternative, since it had just come out around that time. The whole fiasco is similar to what happened with Dungeon Lords. Big promises, big potential, utterly incompetent developers.

Ziroth

Literate
I was a frequent poster in the old Interplay Dragonplay Tavern back before DTU came out. When it hit, the forum went batshit. A lot of the folks started recommending Faery Tale Adventure 2 as an adequate alternative, since it had just come out around that time. The whole fiasco is similar to what happened with Dungeon Lords. Big promises, big potential, utterly incompetent developers.
Thank you very much for the recommendation, I didn't know that game, I'm going to look for a little more information.

Nixheb

Arcane
Ok, some points that bother me :

- What should be done with the skeleton on the bridge talking about the Kelemvor temple ?
- The woman in the Inn talks about a priest that is supposed to be trapped in the Kassalander crypt. Never found him... ?
- There is a drow woman trapped behind a green glass in a treasure room in the alastar's apprentice lair, how do we free her ?

Any help whould be appreciated regarding thoses quests... ;)

DaveO

Erudite
I remember some walkthru of the game, probably on GameFAQs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom