Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Demise 1.01 is out

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Demise - Rise of the Ku'tan; Pharaoh Productons

<A href="http://www.pharaoh-productions.com/demise/">Demise</a> is now available as a <A href="http://www.pharaoh-productions.com/demise/order.php">$20 download</a>, which includes the new, patched version and all you need to play the game. You also won't need that CD anymore, since it's completely stand alone. Here's a list of fixes:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>The Map Area spell will now correctly flag squares that were mapped as having been visited.</li><li>Random teleporters and teleporter traps will no longer be able to teleport you into a square that you normally can't enter (like colomn squares)</li><li>When visiting Lord Gherrick after completing the Ogre Lord quest, he will no longer look at the sword and hand it back to you if it's not already in your inventory.</li><li>Tombstone for Finger's tomb on level 29 will no longer display the message twice.</li><li>Items that regen HP or Mana will now actually regen when they are equipped. Beware though that this also applies to certain items that also remove HP in exchange for mana.</li><li>All mana regenerators on levels 2 & 3 now work correctly, even when using magical flight.</li><li>Character files should no longer become bloated</li><li>Several small spelling problems.</li><li>All monsters can now spawn. This includes the Shadow Ninja, Reaper of Death, Devil Prince, and many more.</li><li>Giant King now has a chance of dropping the Giant King's Maul</li><li>Lumarian High Priestess now has a chance of dropping the Lumarian Crown</li><li>Diamond of Gernali now drops off Villians</li></ul>
<br>
<br>
While this might be pricy for a patch, it is a pretty good deal for those looking to get in to the game for the first time. It's still one of the better dungeon crawlers out there.
<br>

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Damn. I just wanted a patch so that the game wouldn't corrupt my saves. And even if I wanted to buy D1.01, PayPal doesn't work in Poland. So there's no legal option to get the game for me.
And the list of fixes is really, really small. No new content for 20 bucks?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the idea of paying $20 for a patch with no new content either. I'm a little leary of putting down $20 for the promise of continued support after other promises with this game haven't been followed up on like the map editor that was promised after the game was released. Now if the map editor was included in the patch and maybe some new quests and things, sure. I think I'll wait until Demise 2.0 though.

ecliptic

Liturgist
I feel like they're squeezing their hard core fans for all the juice they can extract. Granted, $20 is not a lot of cash, especially in the scope of how much time the average person that plays Demise puts into it, but I ALREADY PAID $49 for it. This just feels crappy.

However, at this point $20 is eating for a couple of days, as I'm a jobless college student. Maybe if later on there is more content I'll think about getting it, but it's still poor.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah, I bought the game for approx 3 $ (the garbage bin) and it was certainly worth it.
So they're actually making Demise 2.0? Didn't hear about it.

ecliptic

Liturgist
Yup, a team of fans and other rapscallions were assembled, and it's coming along. I'd say there's a fairly good chance of it happening, it just may take a year or two at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom