Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Demigod

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Demigod; Gas Powered Games

Here's one we've been ignoring quite happily for a while. Demigod is a <a href="http://www.demigodthegame.com/">tactical RPG type thing from Gas Powered Games</a>. RPG Vault have been <a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/944/944902p1.html">doing regular bits on it</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>January 15, 2009 - In development at Gas Powered Games for release next year, Demigod is described as a real-time tactical offering title with extensive role-playing elements. It will cast players as the formidable descendants of a deity whose unexplained disappearance has created the opportunity for one to take his place and attain his even more powerful status. By choosing an Assassin-class character, we can put ourselves in the thick of the title's arena battles. As a General, the experience will be more strategy-oriented; we'll fight, but also build an army, lead it into combat, heal our troops, and weaken those of our enemies.</blockquote>
<br>
<a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/934/934314p1.html">Here's a bit from the developer diary</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Players, having chosen a demigod, are then taken by the gods to an arena and matched up against others. Now this is where a lot of the depth of development comes into play because it's not merely a series of one on one matches or purely scripted campaigns. One of the challenges we were looking to overcome is the issue of replayability - we wanted people to be able to play the quests multiple times at the various difficulty levels, and have their experiences be different.</blockquote>
<br>
Doom is different every time I play it because sometimes I use different weapons.
<br>
<br>
/Obligatory news post to accompany entry into game db.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Pfft. When have you ever posted anything about Demigod?

Angthoron

Arcane
Jed said:
Demigod Siege ... yum?

Too bad they went with "Something Something Siege", "Dungeon Space" and "Dungeon Demigod" make much better titles.

Also, from the given descriptions, failing to see how it's an RPG by any account.

AzraelCC

Scholar
It's DotA that's actually not a mod. You have creeps, towers, bases, with your demigod as your avatar. I never really liked DotA, given my preference for 1v1 multiplayer than team-based play (I hate it when I lose because some prick teammate doesn't know how to play). Still, if it's balanced and actually strategic, I might give it a go.

ushdugery

Scholar
AzraelCC said:
It's DotA that's actually not a mod. You have creeps, towers, bases, with your demigod as your avatar. I never really liked DotA, given my preference for 1v1 multiplayer than team-based play (I hate it when I lose because some prick teammate doesn't know how to play). Still, if it's balanced and actually strategic, I might give it a go.
I thought the same but I like dota so I looked at demigod and after some investigation it stopped interesting me.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
I have my fingers crossed that either this or DoW2 is worth getting. Some of the early info on DoW2 is not encouraging. This game is by GPG, which also is not encouraging.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom