Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Delve Deeper

Multi-headed Cow

Game's cool. Game's $5. Plays like a boardgame. Codex might like checking it out.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/63800/
Demo available at developer's webpage. http://www.lunargiantstudios.com/games/ ... lve-deeper
valuablebauble.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
For 3 euros on steam I just went with it. Turned out to be rather entertaining. I'll try to get my bro to play it with me and see how fun it is with other people.

Multi-headed Cow

Cool, sounds like they might be doing DLC and/or some free relic and/or monster and/or map packs. As much fun as I'm having with it for $5 I wouldn't be averse to throwing more money at them if the addon packs are similarly cheap. Though it sounds like relic and map packs would be free (Which is understandable since maps can be made with the editor and relics are just text) and any monster packs might be for money.

Also, fuck dragons. And goblin kings. And especially fuck tiles that have dragons and goblin kings both on them. Fortunately neither will move to attack you, but I've gotten greedy attacking them and even if you win you'll likely be hurt bad enough to waste time running to a fae fountain or mine entrance. Also fuck mimics when you send a scout running off to grab a chest by himself. AND FUCK SLIMES THAT SPAWN OFF SIDE TUNNELS AND THEN CLOG THE WAY BACK TO DROP OFF YOUR TREASURE SO IT TAKES LONGER TO TURN IT IN AND IT'S GETTING DOWN TO THE WIRE DAMN YOU SLIMES DAMN YOU

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I was about to start a thread about this, but the Dex' delivered. So it's a good buy ? How does the multiplayer work, it is some kind of co-op ?

And, any RPG elements as advertised ? May be getting this tonight.

Multi-headed Cow

Multiplayer is hotseat only, so unless you have some buddies who would agree to playing a boardgame on the computer you'd be playing solo. Isn't co-op at all, the goal is to get the most treasure before the turn limit (Varies depending on the map). You mostly get treasure by mining veins and collecting loot from monsters, but you can attack any other dwarf team as well. You can also indirectly attack them by trying to fuck up where their tunnels go by placing your mining tiles by the other teams, or connect them to large swarms of monsters so the monsters will attack them.

No RPG elements. Closest you get is sometimes when turning relics in that dwarf will get a bonus to one or more of his stats, but stat bonuses only last for the duration of the game.

There's a good demo at the developer's webpage, gives you one map to play on. If you try that and like it it's well worth $5.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
It looks fun but the default window size seems a bit too big for my monitor and there doesn't appear to be a way to change it. Meh.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Well it turns it to fullscreen, which is still higher than my beloved 1024x768, but I guess it'll do.

Considering buying the game now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I picked this one up, too. Quite enjoyable for $5. Note there's also an option to speed up the computer players so you don't have to sit there and watch them move in real time.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Ok, finished the demo and that shit is awesome. A bit rough around the edges but certainly worth it.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Thanks multi headed cow, I bought (*shiver*) this yesterday. Will try after completing Mothership :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom