Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Dragon Age 2 at least attempted to do something different. They obviously lacked the time for proper environment and encounter design, but I liked the idea of starting as a refugee with your family and become somebody in a foreign land. Dragon Age 1 was a very very conservative game. In many senses DAI is its continuation, but with complete lack of focus and a sheet of blandness on top the amazing graphics.
DA2 was the last risk Bioware took. Personally I consider Mass Effect 1 their last good game.

It wasn't that much of a risk, more like a desperate attempt at making a new game in a very short time. They were going to release DA2 as a DLC for Origins, but EA pressured them to make it a new game instead. That's why everything's recycled, encounters are shit, and the game is just a rushed mess in general. It had relatively interesting themes, but tumblrisms infect almost everything in this game.

Yeah, everyone needs to stop sucking Btongue's cock on this one. I'm personally tired of people acting like they took a risk and failed, and that was noble. Like, nobody remembers the guy who made it halfway up everest, got lost and started smearing himself with his own shit to keep warm before freezing to death horribly.

Heh. The rush had advantages. They didn't have time to make as many core changes to the system as they did with DA:I, so it played more like DA:O.

imweasel

But only Origins is any good, the sequels are just shitty super faggotry and beastiality simulators with RPG elements.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well probably. But honestly I'd be only interested in the part about DA:O, since DA II was too disappointing. And when I'm thinking about DA:I I could vomit.

Depends on how much you shit on Sera. Jesus F Christ. Who wrote that abomination of a character?
I didn't even let this cunt into my party.

Preparing to brofist... then:

Too bad I couldn't rape her.

:whatho:

But... But... but Bro you need to have some standards Bro!

But yes seriously Age of Decadence was far better Origins game than DaO was and it was made by six guys in their spare time and the both sequeals only add to the :decline:.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Of course I'd watch, as long as you don't do a robo-voiceover. Can't stand those.

But really, you don't need to ask for interest, just make a good video and the audience will watch. There are very few good videos on the DA games, the DA2 video by TUN is the only one which comes to mind. Damn good one though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onr_z45NVyI

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh, do it. And I hope you do it fairly, not some hate fueled nor fanboy worship kind of thing.
Far all its worth, DAO was quite and enjoyable game and better RPG compared to other game at the time of release.
The decline after that set in after DA2 onward is sad indeed, but Bioware is currently the only AAA dev (correct me if I'am wrong but Obsidian, Larian do not count towrd AAA yes?) stil producing RPG on PC that is not ARPG.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Why bother if you need peer acceptance? I started because I wanted to. If you think you are gonna get a million views then don't worry because you won't.

Also this might interest you

The top comment for the video:

I've given you a few chances now to convince me you are worth listening to, as opposed to merely being someone spouting well articulated yet severely convoluted and shockingly ignorant opinions, but you have repeatedly failed.
Just because you can chat shit until the cows come home and have a reasonably healthy vocabulary, does not mean you should feel compelled to share your thoughts with anyone willing to listen. I am no longer willing to listen, as you have seemingly no idea of what you are drivelling on about.
Adiós and away with you!!

Delterius

Arcane
stil producing RPG on PC that is not ARPG.

I beg to differ. Past the artifacts of older design paradigms, Dragon Age is very much an ARPG series by virtue of the fact that the focus lies in supplementing the single character playstyle. In both Dragon Age 2 and Dragon Age: Inquisition, neither the UI nor the tempo of the battle system is well suited to party wide, moment to moment, micromanagement. And neither does the character system, the encounter design or the enemies you face reach the level of variety and depht you'd find a tactical RPG.

Simply put: the crux of gameplay lies in lining up combos with your companion's skill effects, true, however that is best done by using a single character and exploiting what windows the braindead AI creates. If anything, Dragon Age gives me flashbacks of World of Warcraft raiding, sans the theorycrafting.

Mind you, there's no problem in being an Action game. Only in being mediocre in doing so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom