Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dead State Design Update

Earl Shive

Novice
denizsi said:
I don't know about Brian but Annie has a paying job, working full time for ArenaNet. Apart from the Mitsoda duo, who's working on it? Oscar, who is also possibly still working on AoD as well and one more guy I fail to remember, I think. I guess it's reasonable to say they also get assistance from Nick (was that his name, the AoD's programmer?). Far from a crew of professionals working full time.

Nick is the main programmer for both I think.

But the guy who figured out how to strip whitespace from php strings and the guy who claimed aod was done in 2004 are confident this game will come out really soon even though the first one isn't done yet so I'm sure it will be out any day now. :parrot:

Never been into zombies but the description of a zombie eating fallout and xcom does sound pretty good. I think I'm actually looking forward to it a bit now, if it comes out within the next decade at least.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
denizsi said:
I don't know about Brian but Annie has a paying job, working full time for ArenaNet. Apart from the Mitsoda duo, who's working on it? Oscar, who is also possibly still working on AoD as well and one more guy I fail to remember, I think. I guess it's reasonable to say they also get assistance from Nick (was that his name, the AoD's programmer?). Far from a crew of professionals working full time.

I thought I read that somewhere on the the ITS forums. Just ignore me. It was probably my blurry eyes again.

I'm surprised they are letting her work on games in her spare time.

What these guys have most, is experience and from that they would have learned how to plan things properly. Proper planning is something I would look for in any team, if I expected it to succeed.

Roguey said:
Davaris said:
The fact they don't have one yet, I find incredible.
I thought the whole point of being independent was not having to rely on a publisher. With digital distribution you don't need one either.

You still have to pay for the art. They have a chance to do a deal with an artist, because of Brian's involvement in VtMB and their cult fan base, but for anyone else you have to pony up big money, or learn it yourself.

TBH the only big stumbling block left in independent games is getting the art. If you choose the right engine, it is almost easy when compared to the bad old days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom