Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dead State Design Update: Inventory/Looting GUI

Yeah, spilled drink cans are so cliche zombie apocalypse.

Seriously read what I wrote again. I didn't say anything about a history of deaths and ruination. All I mentioned were drink cans, cigarettes and rubbish that wasn't picked up. FFS

T3kgN.jpg

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
I would suggest dirtying it up with things like children's creepy crayon drawings of zombies and dead people, and hastily written evacuation procedures by the teachers who left in a hurry, spilled drink cans, cola stains, cigarette burn marks, even rubbish that has been left uncollected by the absent groundsman.

I really like your creepy crayon drawings suggestion.

Since people are constantly on the move in zombie movies, I would suggest a rucksack and note book theme, or something more survivalist. Pity artists don't work for free and will redo things, until they are just right.

Since we are criticizing the interface, it looks a little strange, the notebooks are lined up perfectly square. I know this was done for programming reasons, but there it is.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So, I was thinking that all this notebook stuff in the interface might be somehow related to the resource gathering thing they will have. You know, like the people keeping track of what they have.
If that's the case, and if they insist on pushing it through the interface then maybe the inventory/loot interface could be some sort of clipboard with sheets of paper that will pop-up in the center of the game screen. Since they can't use the edges anyway, it's better that you'd see the game there instead of some random crap.

EG

Nullified
So, I was thinking that all this notebook stuff in the interface might be somehow related to the resource gathering thing they will have. You know, like the people keeping track of what they have.
If that's the case, and if they insist on pushing it through the interface then maybe the inventory/loot interface could be some sort of clipboard with sheets of paper that will pop-up in the center of the game screen. Since they can't use the edges anyway, it's better that you'd see the game there instead of some random crap.

Correct hole-punching of Protected A documents will be mandatory, else the game crashes.

Nice to see them moving further away from an Adobe Flash-esque interface, anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom