Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Messiah Views?

dagorkan

Arbiter
Thanks, since it's only $10 and given the exchange rate I'm going to try it out.

Steam says it requires a 3.0 Ghz processor (recommended, 2.4 minimum)... how does Dual Core change that? All the other stats I can meet but I have a 2.13 Ghz Intel Dual Core.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Usually, when they just state processor speed like that, they're referring to a Pentium 4 equivalent. Or something like that. You'll definitely have no problems there, anyway.

And yeah, it's a fun game. HP bloat gets really annoying in the late... well, in most of the game, which is why people refer to it as a kicking simulator - kick an enemy into a handy wall of spikes for an instant kill, or spend five minutes smacking him around the room to no visible effect? But apart from that, and some really samey levels, it's a good game.

DefJam101

Arcane
dagorkan said:
Thanks, since it's only $10 and given the exchange rate I'm going to try it out.

Steam says it requires a 3.0 Ghz processor (recommended, 2.4 minimum)... how does Dual Core change that? All the other stats I can meet but I have a 2.13 Ghz Intel Dual Core.

You'll be fine. I play most of the games today that say '3.6+ Ghz' on a 2.4 Dual Core.

Shoelip

Arbiter
The endings are lame. Same short, boring cutscene, slightly altered depending on a couple choices you make near the end.

A user named cat

Gragt said:
Oooooh, I have to try that! If I find it and like it you'll have my deepest thanks for bringing this game to my attention and if not a pox on ye.
It was a UK only release so if you go to look for it, it'll be under Hell Night. Underground-Gamer has it as a feature release I believe. There's a few Youtube videos of the gameplay if you want to see it beforehand. The game is basically you running from a single, evolving monster in first person view. If you played Clock Tower, you'll know what to expect basically.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Gragt said:
Phantasmal said:
What a disappointment, I thought this topic was hopefully referring to Dark Messiah on playstation or rather Hell Night. A scary as hell survival horror game, almost like Clocktower in first person view. Run run run!

That game was way better than this turd, even if apples and oranges.

Oooooh, I have to try that! If I find it and like it you'll have my deepest thanks for bringing this game to my attention.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Phantasmal said:
Gragt said:
Oooooh, I have to try that! If I find it and like it you'll have my deepest thanks for bringing this game to my attention and if not a pox on ye.
It was a UK only release so if you go to look for it, it'll be under Hell Night. Underground-Gamer has it as a feature release I believe. There's a few Youtube videos of the gameplay if you want to see it beforehand. The game is basically you running from a single, evolving monster in first person view. If you played Clock Tower, you'll know what to expect basically.

I tried to register to Underground Gamer before but it is unfortunately full so waiting for a new batch of sign-ups or an invite. But have no fear, I found it somewhere else. Game was indeed released only in Japan and Europe, got the PAL version obviously as I'm not gay enough to read Japanese.

Clock Tower, I heard of it but did not play it. Hm... Seems like my pile of games to play will beat my pile of books to read.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom