Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - any worthy mods?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Doesn't look like there is much community made content for this game, but thought I'd ask just in case there is something worth adding.

genci88

Educated
Wrong forum.

You are currently in: The Codex Forums -> General RPG Discussion

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Thanks for answer that confirms my suspicion.
And sorry for posting in wrong forum. Thought it had enough RPG elements to qualify.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I HEARD UNINSTALL.EXE IS GOOD

LOLOLOLOLOL ROFL XD

However, make sure to get the latest patch and play in the hardest difficulty, it really is a whole different (and much better) experience. They even nerfed the kick.

Nickless

Educated
Is this game at the very least fun? I saw a few clips on youtube, it seems mindless but potentially enjoyable. Can anyone comment who's played it?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It's playable.

Also don't bother with any mods. There's enough cleavage and upskirts to satisfy the nexus modders for an hour.

RatFink

Educated
it is VERY enjoyable!
...as dumb as it sounds
good for what it is does aplly here!!
it has rope arrows too :M

have played it as a warrior and assassin..never touched magic.
but the fighting is a lot of fun!

...so there really are mods for this game?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Uses up more fatigue per kick, you've got a maximum of about three before you're completely winded. It also doesn't launch enemies anywhere near as far unless they're weak, taken by surprise or stunned.
Basically, it's what it should have been from the start.

Educated
Admiral jimbob said:
Uses up more fatigue per kick, you've got a maximum of about three before you're completely winded. It also doesn't launch enemies anywhere near as far unless they're weak, taken by surprise or stunned.
Basically, it's what it should have been from the start.
Sounds good.
The "one kick one kill" method of dispatching enemies was awful.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Not a bad game.
I don't understand what it has to do with Might and Magic, though. It has nothing at all in common with M&M or HOMM. Reminds me a lot more of the Thief games, but much more linear and more combat oriented and more character building.
Awful voice acting.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
octavius said:
I don't understand what it has to do with Might and Magic, though. It has nothing at all in common with M&M or HOMM.
The story is a direct continuation of HoMM5 Tribes of the East (even though it was released before TotE...), so it's got more to do with Might and Magic than say Crusaders ever did. But gameplay wise yeah it's got very little to do with either... but it was clearly a spinoff, so that's OK. And it's not a bad game as a spinoff.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Sceptic said:
octavius said:
I don't understand what it has to do with Might and Magic, though. It has nothing at all in common with M&M or HOMM.
The story is a direct continuation of HoMM5 Tribes of the East (even though it was released before TotE...), so it's got more to do with Might and Magic than say Crusaders ever did. But gameplay wise yeah it's got very little to do with either... but it was clearly a spinoff, so that's OK. And it's not a bad game as a spinoff.

Really? I thought the story is before HoMM5, because the evil ending is canonical and HoMM5 the Evil Dude is out raging.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Havoc said:
Really? I thought the story is before HoMM5, because the evil ending is canonical and HoMM5 the Evil Dude is out raging.
The protagonist of Dark Messiah is the demon child that the queen gives birth to at some point between HOMM5 OC and HoF. There was stuff about him being the one who will either free the demons for good or reseal their prison, which are the two DM endings. Also, TotE shows the rise of that necromancer dude to power, and then he dies at the end of DM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom