Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dark Envoy releasing on October 24th

Shaki

Arbiter
I like the look of the combat. I'm a mage supremecist, and this looks like it might scratch that itch.
Really? It looks like MMO combat, every character seem to have 5 abilities on 20-50s cooldowns + autoattack spam.

I can't imagine having any fun with it. Looks extremely generic and uninspired. I imagine it'll also be easy to the point where the game pretty much plays itself.

I like the look of the combat. I'm a mage supremecist, and this looks like it might scratch that itch.
Really? It looks like MMO combat, every character seem to have 5 abilities on 20-50s cooldowns + autoattack spam.

I can't imagine having any fun with it. Looks extremely generic and uninspired. I imagine it'll also be easy to the point where the game pretty much plays itself.

Systems like this have the opportunity for emergent game play. I'm a sucker for systems where creative application is left open to the player. Spells even have collision. I saw a video where someone blocked a projectile with a barrier spell of their own in RT. I doubt it will be quite like Magicka, but I'm willing to give this a shot.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Would've been better as TB like it was originally planned. It looks like a MOBA game except singleplayer.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played the demo and it kind of sucked both in the story and gameplay department. Hopefully the game improved since then but I will remain cautious.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I played the demo and it kind of sucked both in the story and gameplay department. Hopefully the game improved since then but I will remain cautious.

From their steam discussions it seems like they are planning on releasing a new demo come release. I am interested but a demo might sell it, if it's any good of course.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why is everybody and their mom releasing their game now? I might have to throw together something to launch too, maybe I'm missing out on something.

Dr1f7

Scholar
That video thumbnail looks really :prosper:
Not gonna click, sorry.
hey at least prosper's art has charm

Why is everybody and their mom releasing their game now? I might have to throw together something to launch too, maybe I'm missing out on something.
probably because it's easier than ever to make games now
sites sell like $2 bundles with tons of assets/sounds/etc devs seem to just throw things together upload to steam then some chumps pay $20 for it

Kruyurk

Learned
Everything is so generic: the visuals, the gameplay.
And the fucking AOE attacks prompts appearing on the ground that you have to dodge in time... so exciting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom