Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dark Disciples churns up to version 2.0

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dark Disciples

<A href="http://www.darkdisciples-rpg.com/">Dark Disciples</A> has recently updated to version 2.0 of the freeware, open ended and nontraditional fantasy CRPG. Here's a partial list of the features for the game:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>Hold conversations with numerous characters</li><li>All quests are logged for future reference</li><li>A complete 'world' map providing names of important sites and places</li><li>A 'Might & Magic VI' style inventory management system</li><li>Fully featured thief skills - pick locks, remove traps, hide in shadows etc</li><li>Mostly non-linear gameplay</li><li>Multiple solutions to many obstacles - a locked door can be smashed open, picked, or opened via a key or 'knock' spell.</li><li>An automap function maps all the levels for you.</li><li>Some cool Midi tunes.</li><li>Monster AI - not amazing but it will do a few interesting tricks - for example, some monsters can open doors, others can't.</li></ul>
<br>
Sounds pretty decent to me, and still being updated. Not bad.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Mr. Teatime</b>!
<br>

Anonymous

What I thought would always be neat is something sorta similiar to Arcanum, but not exactly.

It'd be like fantasy, but modern day/a bit into the future. Still knights and mages, but are 'modern'-like.

Potions in plastic liter bottles, swords made out of modern day Alloys, etc.

It'd be interesting, atleast.

Usual Trading Posts would be like Supermarkets and you could get that 1 liter bottle of Cure for $10. So basically, there is still a fantasy feel and magic to things, but it's incorporated with every-day things. Could make some interesting quests with that, too. Maybe make the people still talk in Olde Englishe, too. 'Thine computer hath crashed, milord.'

Peacedog

Novice
Anyone still playing this? I've gotten pretty far, but have gotten stuck with the last few quests in the main module.

xyphoid

Novice
I finished this the other day, where are you stuck?

I never finished these quests, though:
Catch Drake the killer
Save the cursed village
Save the snowman
Find the tarot cards

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom