Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter 'Dargon Quest: The Tower of Doom'

grimace

Arcane
I found this hidden gem and thought the codexians would like to know about this.

You don't have to do anything. The game has been funded. There are stretch goals.

Dargon Quest : The Tower of Doom

by Carey Martell

photo-original.png

Dargon Quest : The Tower of Doom

A homage to classic JRPGs like Dragon Quest, Lufia, and Final Fantasy. Spinoff from The RPG Fanatic YouTube Channel.

Los Angeles, CA Video Games
Share this project
backers
$520
pledged of $500 goal

Originally I created Dargon Quest as a silly little 10 minute game in RPG Maker VX Ace to prove to my younger brother that it wasn't hard to make video games. I then posted a video of him trying to beat the game to my YouTube channel and it got a pretty positive response from viewers.

Around the same time, someone at Square-Enix screwed up and posted the iOS port of Dragon Quest as 'Dargon Quest' (source). This spawned an internet meme around the time I was working on this game. I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be funny if there was a real game called Dargon Quest that sought to parody some of the elements of the Dragon Quest series?" and thinking this was such a good idea, I made changes to my game to emphasis this aspect.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/careymartell/dargon-quest-the-tower-of-doom

Dargon Quest Gameplay Demo Part 3

The RPG Fanatic Videogame Review Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFR-PLTxjdc

5af48f3d8b5b984fdb50290b0a048f31_original.PNG

An example of placeholder background art I want to replace so it matches the custom monster art better.

STORY

'Dargon Quest: The Tower of Doom' follows the adventure of Ashe, a silent protagonist who arrives on Dargon Island to conquer the Tower of Dargons, a mysterious structure that promises grand riches to those who can navigate its dungeon.

On Ashe's first adventure into the dungeon he is accompanied by Carlous, a self-styled legendary hero who wields a mysterious talking sword. Climbing the Tower gets Ashe involved in an ancient plot to take over the world.

0dfa05ef05ac0a4a42cc5e1b1a2c23d2_original.PNG

Carlous points out the obvious..

STRETCH GOALS

I only need about $500 from this project to commission the remaining original artwork and license more original battle music to finish the game as I envision it, but on the chances I raise more than the goal here's what I'd do with the money:

$1,000 - Add more monsters (requires more art).

$2,000 - Add a 20 floor bonus dungeon for the post-game (requires new art).

$5,000 - Add an animated opening movie to the title screen (anime style!).

I would be really surprised if I raised more than $5,000 so if the goal exceeds that I will have to figure out what the stretch goals would be. Probably something involving a boxed copy of the game with a USB stick.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
LOOKS GREAT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom