Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 2 screenshots

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I was checking out Shacknews a while ago and i found a game which actually impressed graphically:

http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/media/screenshots/

Clean and sharp (make sure you zoom out the pictures), much better then that shiny consolized piece of shit, however technologically advanced it may be (i have no idea).

ID's Tech 5 doesn't look bad, either:

http://teamimu.com/thunder/id_tech_5_03a.jpg

MapMan

Arcane
Lyric Suite said:
I was checking out Shacknews a while ago and i found a game which actually impressed graphically:

http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/media/screenshots/

Clean and sharp (make sure you zoom out the pictures), much better then that shiny consolized piece of shit, however technologically advanced it may be (i have no idea).

I played it. It doesnt actually look that good and the game is shit. Great idea but shitty game.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Lyric Suite said:

Even though id Tech 5 = Carmack finally getting out of his basement and learning that open spaces are quite common in the outside world - it is very easy to see that XBox360 can't handle shit. They had to make everything very low poly as well as pull the camera far away so the textures won't seem like a piss of poo up close when making that screenshot.

MapMan

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Lyric Suite said:

Even though id Tech 5 = Carmack finally getting out of his basement and learning that open spaces are quite common in the outside world - it is very easy to see that XBox360 can't handle shit. They had to make everything very low poly as well as pull the camera far away so the textures won't seem like a piss of poo up close when making that screenshot.

I stopped anticipating the game after he said that main dev platform is xbox360 and that dedicated servers are thing of the past :?

The only thing I'm interested in with Tech 5 is the seemingly automated texture atlas generation. From what I've read the artists can throw as many textures as they want in the scene and it'll be collapsed to a handful of texture atlases. Unless I was drunk at the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom