Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cryptic Comet's games?

getter77

Augur
http://www.crypticcomet.com/

Upon the blurb elsewhere for this new/nifty sounding upcoming game they've due soon by the name of Solium Infernum: How'd their first game turn out when all was said and done? It seems I'd bookmarked it a long time ago as something to keep tabs on and totally forgotten about it as can often happen. Are they effectively "done with" support/patching/content for Armageddon Empires or does it look to be an ongoing thing while they get this new one out and about?

Their company blog mainly seems to be on the new game as far as recent developments go and since they lack a forum near as I can tell...

Or is there a reason why I can't recall much discussion anywhere on their first game period?

L'ennui

Magister
AFAIK there was never any real need for patching, but they did provide the "cults of the wasteland" add-on thingie afterwards and more recently the "tip of the spear" patch/mini-expansion. It is, all in all, a finely polished product (and was so upon release, in fact) and well worth your time and money.

There was a thread somewhere about Armageddon Empires. I think?

getter77

Augur
It appears I fail at searching once again, as I see there was an abandoned LP of the vanilla game not using either of the expansion dealies...and a few much older threads saying that this was, indeed, nifty.

Seems a big hit against it was lack of any multiplayer, but this next game seems to address that with a PBEM thing that I suppose will work something like it does for Dominions 3.

+1
Armageddon Empires is simply a great game. Ya, it lacks multiplayer, but the AI is "bastard-from-hell" tough which IMHO makes up for the lack of multiplayer or PBEM.
Well worth your time and money and one of the better post-apocalyptic games out there...than...say...*cough* Fallout 3 *cough*

I keep coming back to it once or twice a month.

Looking forward to Vic Davis's Solium Infernum.

getter77

Augur
Looking highly likely that both games will now have a place on my purchase list once cash avails itself to me.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Solium Infernum should be out within the next month or so. Really looking forward to that one. Playing as a prince of hell while kicking ass and taking names sounds awesome.

luckyb0y

Scholar
It's a good game. Unfortunately it's pretty easy once you figure it out, but you can restrict your deck to make it more challenging. Interface is a bit convoluted. Anyway I wholeheartedly recommend it. It's not going to be all time classic, but definitely worth some time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom