Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crusader Kings 2: The tl;dr guide to pagans

I'd assume based on my Kingdom experience that Empires would be teetering on the brink of civil war 24/7. Do they get a vassal opinion bonus or something?
Empires SHOULD be a bitch to manage, especially in this time period. Balancing the wants/needs of all these largely independent areas and trying to keep them part of a cohesive whole should be damn near impossible. Also, increasing crown authority should lead to a civil war almost every time unless you have GREAT relations with all of your vassals. An absolute monarch in the 1100s is kind of bullshit.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I can't see the point in playing a Pagan or Muslim. The whole game's mechanics and events are centered around you being a Christian feudal monarch/duke/baron. Whose going to care about you banging the servant in a religion where you can have 15 wives?

Arabs had lots of backstabbery and really strange leadership-shenanigans going on during this period. And if the game goes far enough, nobody beats the Ottomans in terms of executing family-holocausts once power has been inherited.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Actually, why wouldn't we Codexers get together and start working on a mod for expanding non-Christian gameplay? It's not that hard to mod this stuff you know, coming up with ideas and playtesting all of it is. Hell, one guy over at Paradox forums has created an almost complete year 9th century start mod with new dynastic lines and titles. In less than a week.

This could work if you can mod the game. Some tweaks are definitely needed and pagans shouldnt disappear within the first few decades of the game...

curry

Arcane
I thought I'd share my fixes with you guys. It's not a "real" mod, it's just a fix that does the following:

1) Fixes the bugged Mongol events
2) Reduces the Ambitious/Pretender -50 relationship modifiers to -25 (doesn't prevent rebelling though)
3) Increases the minimum plot backers from 1 to 4 to reduce excessive assassinations
4) Changes Crown Authority laws so that they have a big impact on taxes but are much harder to change (cost a lot of prestige)

All of them are in separate files so you can cherry pick.

http://uploading.com/files/a2cd3c6a/ck2-mod.rar/

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, my campaign as House Karjalainen has gone from good to better. I managed to solve my incessant problems with the count of Kantalahti (every ten years, the current count tries to take over the crown), conquered Duchies of Livonia and Bjarmia, but most of all: I'm in a marital alliance with BOTH Ilkhanate and Golden Horde (though be warned, the AI spawns new wenches like a motherfucker for the Golden Horde, I had to assassinate four times for them to finally not spawn a new Empress Consort of the same name before agreeing to a marriage). Feels good to be a pagan now.

Also, I'd say the biggest problem pagans face (aside from being small little shits) is Holy Orders. Goddamn those things are invincible!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom