Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codex Decides: Games that deserve to be resurrected/reimagined

bledcarrot

Educated
So a lot of the Codex consists of people complaining that games that have been resurrected and re-imagined should never have been resurrected or re-imagined, or begging for it to happen, then complaining while it does happen that it should never have happened, or if it did happen to happen it should have happened the way that they wanted it to happen. Sometimes they agree and brofist each other. Plenty of threads on these.

What about games that you played that were so terrible that when you first played it you swore you would do everything to stop it from being remade, sequelled, re-imagined...but you played it. Maybe because it was a Christmas present and you knew the next game wasn't coming until your next birthday and so this was all you had so you played the shit out of it... or maybe you're a masochistic asshole who enjoys facerape. For whatever reason, you played it...and you kept playing it. And after playing it for a bit you started laughing your ass off at it. Its terribleness became its genius.

So I'm a huge b-grade movie fan. I have sat through mountains of mediocre movies to find those few gems that are so bad they're funny. My whole life is basically a checked quest journal of regret. Most of the quests are complete but I still regret them. But out of that I did manage to find one or two gems that are genuinely "so bad they're funny."

I wanna know the game equivalent of that.

With that in mind, I present to the Codex, Inca II, an adventure/found item/Wing Commander knockoff, with some of the greatest/worst voice acting you will find in or out of a B Movie.

(This isn't my let's play.)

So...games that are so bad they're funny and funny enough that you actually finished them? Or movies, I'll accept that as well :)

Last edited:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Last sentence disqualifies my nomination of Bethesda's Fallouts so... DUKE NUKEM FOREVER.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Obsidian Presents:
BloodNet: Incubus

bledcarrot

Educated
haha bloodnet...yes. exactly the kind of thing I had in mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom