Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex back to "slow as fuck"

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shitposter = someone we've banned several times in the past but eventually gave up on because they kept finding another proxy that got through.

Despite popular myth, we do and have banned plenty of people(1). It's just some are persistent mother-fuckers who keep coming back.

1: Truthfully about 4. The large number of shitposters are just various incarnations of these same 4 people who keep re-registering.

I clearly misunderstood you it seems. When you said "it's over for the shitposters" I assumed bans would be sent out for every newfag that didn't post in GRPG. In fact, I'm not sure if this:

If a large amount of your content is in Retardo Land - with the large majority of the rest of your content in GD - be advised.

can be interpreted differently. Hell, fucking GarfunkeL almost fits that description.

Who no one can disagree on? Pandering to the unwashed masses, eh, Grunker?

Well, yes and no. I just don't want to remove the multikult from the Codex. It's part of what makes this place different, in a good way. You don't need to hold back, watch your step, or consider the mods when you post. This is the only place I frequent where that's true.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I clearly misunderstood you it seems. When you said "it's over for the shitposters" I assumed bans would be sent out for every newfag that didn't post in GRPG. In fact, I'm not sure if this:

can be interpreted differently. Hell, fucking GarfunkeL almost fits that description.

Well, yes and no. I just don't want to remove the multikult from the Codex. It's part of what makes this place different, in a good way. You don't need to hold back, watch your step, or consider the mods when you post. This is the only place I frequent where that's true.
Oh, so that's where the quote option is. And I will fix that no multiple-embedded quotes BS.

But: Yes and no. We have in the past for instance, tried to clam down on the racist crap when it got out of hand. And people like prosper - for example - we tolerated for a long time before we finally banned them (when his shit started to spread).

I am not in a position to verify whether garfunkel fits that definition or not (iPhone) - but yes, if every thread you've ever made has ended up I'm Retardo Land; and there's not much redeemable in your other posts (ie: no LP's, no in depth thought on RPGs, no decent rebuttal in defense of a position, no serious comment on anything ever - even in a humorous or sarcastic way) - which is to say if most of your posts could be summed up as "lol" or "you / it sucks and I'm not going to bother defending my position or explaining why" or are never anything more than a single sentence reply as such - then you might find yourself in trouble.

Likewise if you are a somewhat reasonable poster but your shit (stop auto correcting shit into shot apple FFS) gets out of hand (like BLOBERT did at one stage) then you may find yourself banned.

The caveat is - you will generally know when that is because people will start making posts in here asking for you to be banned. I'm not going to van someone because they
Make one lousy crack or threaten them because they made a lousy crack (though we reserve the right to abuse the warning feature), but if all you ever do is make lousy cracks for instance - and then you make a thread I'm site feedback bringing more attention to yourself by complaining about something fairly inane - then you're a dead man.

But simply, percentage of posts in Retardo Land (coupled with amount and quality of content in gd) is a good first indicator. How high you are on the ignore list is a handy second indicator and making inane threads in site feedback while people are asking for you to be banned is a death sentence.

In effect though, this means prosper, andhaira (who much like zerotol and cloaked figure - just brought too much attention to themselves in the end), Bryce / schattenjager / etc... (doing nothing other than asking to be banned from day one) And one or two others (orgasm is one I think).

It's stuff I'd define on the looser ends of spam. Prosper spamming his images into every thread (when I asked him to keep it all in one), andhaira mucking up (there's a reason he's on his 10th account - and it wasn't by his choice) and the others who didnt contribute much of anything (not saying you have to contribute or that every post has to be quality - just that there's a difference between honestly discussing a point of view and posting the crap DarkOvenload was; and that's all he did. It's not like there's a discussion about save game systems or a point of view on Obamas presidency in there - it's literally the same message "spammed" repeatedly across multiple posts and threads).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
OK, I misunderstood then. You're basically just banning the spammers and those who break the sparse rule-set. I don't really care if you ban Prosper, since he is clearly spamming, for example.

Cool, cool. The reason I raise my brow at Andhaira is that disregarding a rise in his "ALLAH IS TOTALLY GREAT GUISE"-routine I didn't really notice a change in him. He's always been a GD-troll and nothing more. His constant spamming only began when he was banned.

And I will fix that no multiple-embedded quotes BS.

Thank the [under]lord.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
OK, I misunderstood then. You're basically just banning the spammers and those who break the sparse rule-set. I don't really care if you ban Prosper, since he is clearly spamming, for example.

Cool, cool. The reason I raise my brow at Andhaira is that disregarding a rise in his "ALLAH IS TOTALLY GREAT GUISE"-routine I didn't really notice a change in him. He's always been a GD-troll and nothing more. His constant spamming only began when he was banned.

Thank the [under]lord.

You see, Andhaira's "Death to Israel" shtick might have been a tad too annoying for some. SMT posts something and Andhaira immediately shows up with a "shut up you Israeli pig" response.

When Andy finally got banned, instead of laying low for a while and registering a "normal" alt he went completely over the top with his crap which was likely a bit counter-productive if he wanted to get unbanned eventually.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Speaking of the ignore list, where can one view it now? I've looked but I haven't noticed it. It's fun seeing who the most ignored people are.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I clearly misunderstood you it seems. When you said "it's over for the shitposters" I assumed bans would be sent out for every newfag that didn't post in GRPG. Hell, fucking GarfunkeL almost fits that description.
Fucking GarfunkeL is a good and knowledgeable poster. I know that because he does post a lot outside GD, which I rarely read.

Let's not confuse the freedom of speech with the freedom to be a retard. I don't think that people who never post anything worth reading contribute anything to the site.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Of course Garfunkel is a good poster. That's the very reason I used him as an example of why arbitrary definitions such as "lots of posts in retardoland and the bulk of posts in GD" are shit.

Let's not confuse the freedom of speech with the freedom to be a retard.

There are different opinions on what constitute a retard. For example, I would consider AlaCarcuss a retard because I find both his style of arguing and the position he holds to be retarded. I started by saying he was stupid, to which he answered "you're not interested in a discussion." So I dropped the attitude and discussed with him, to which he replied with a bunch of pictures of crying babies. Do I find that exceedingly retarded? Yes. However most would define this as delicious butthurt on my part. And I would never ask DU to fucking ban AlaCarcuss no matter how much he thinks the Codex should be all about Dark Souls. See my point?

hoopy is maybe a better example of a full-on GD-retard in many people's eyes, but he doesn't spam or anything, so why ban him? Especially since a part of the Codex population would not define him as a retard?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You see, Andhaira's "Death to Israel" shtick might have been a tad too annoying for some. SMT posts something and Andhaira immediately shows up with a "shut up you Israeli pig" response.

When Andy finally got banned, instead of laying low for a while and registering a "normal" alt he went completely over the top with his crap which was likely a bit counter-productive if he wanted to get unbanned eventually.

I completely agree his behaviour ever since his ban has been completely ban-worthy. It was the ban itself I questioned, since the behaviour is he displayed prior the ban was the same as always, if a bit more... fanatic.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I completely agree his behaviour ever since his ban has been completely ban-worthy. It was the ban itself I questioned, since the behaviour is he displayed prior the ban was the same as always, if a bit more... fanatic.
He posted something stupid in Site Feedback. There are only two reasons I venture into Site Feedback:
1. To find out what's broken so I can fix it.
2. There is no other reason.

If you post something in Site Feedback that is not of the "something's broken / can we have this feature / in all seriousness XYZ is spamming" variety and in fact is not relevant to Site Feedback what-so-ever (or worse, is to a specific user and better handled via private conversation; or is http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/crooked-bee.64898/]completely inane[/url] how the fuck do we do links now? Ffs), then be advised that anything may happen to your account at that point depending on what mood I'm in.

Kz3r0

Arcane
private conversation; or is http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/crooked-bee.64898/]completely inane[/url] how the fuck do we do links now? Ffs.
First, you write:
completely inane
Then highlight the phrase:
completely inane
At this point click the image of an unbroken chain link, insert URL in the pop up field, et voilà:
completely inane

Also, before reading this I have posted a thread about the new feature of sorting threads by title or date etc., just to show my appreciation, I assume that from now on that kind of threads must be avoided.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom