Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choices and Consequences

drunkpriest

Scholar
Special shout out to El Dee, is he dead?
Anyway I havent played a Rpg in about 6 years or so. I think the last one was Arcanum and that really had me replaying, because as of the choices and da consequences. So I am here today to collect names of game you have all played that offer this special game mechanic that I am trying to find. Maybe its sarcastic, maybe there isnt any choices left in our compouter games. I want you to list games that offer me choices and conqesquences on par with Arcanum. Any genre, and type of game. This doesnt mean I kill the foozle the game changes, or I add a stat my choices are different. I want stories, or even no stories, just something that I can play where it actually matters.
I played Motb up until the first town, railroaded and given quest after quest, unable to decline the quest in the first town, why is motb praised?
Choice and consequences, name them without being sarcastic, leave the thread empty of replies.

drunkpriest

Scholar
I was gonna make fun of you old school kamakazieman but I didnt find one post where you didnt just type one sentence just to fit in.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
1 which was more than your first post which wasn't even a sentence but a name, and no period. What a doofus you are.

Vibalist

Arcane
Give MoTB another shot. It may be that you're forced to accept certain quests and *gasp* follow the storyline, but it gives you plenty of choices within those confines. A story-driven rpg where the outcome of the main quest depends on you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom