Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chess software

DakaSha

Arcane
tsr_hale said:
asper said:
When you're ready to play a real mindsport let me know, I'll happily play a match.

goban-alignright.jpg

You rock. I've always wanted to learn how to play Go.

Not gonna work

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Topher said:
Burning Bridges said:
Level 5 is where I quit Chess Titans.

Currently I play the suggested Chessmaster 10 and I really like it.

I like the personalities. The computer sometimes overlooks capture opportunities and threats, which is something humans tend to do regularly. On the other hand the computer has a habit of exchanging major pieces for pawns, which I never see from a human.

I also think I noticed it has a tendency to play the same openings time after time (Sicilian, Slav Defense), but perhaps this is related to the opponents.

I don't remember it trading major pieces for pawns but I'm not sure around what level you play and I do think the opening are determined by which opponents you play against.

I worked myself up to beat opponents with >1000 rating.

What I notice time after time is that the computer plays only well if the opening is from the book. If I exchange pieces aggressively I often get the lead in material. At some point he will start to make pointless moves, like player who has already given up.

By the way so far I won every game where I play 1 .. b6
It's an opening that the computer does not recognize at all.

But if someone should be following the thread, I must say that Chessmaster is really fun to play. Thanks to those who suggested it on the first page.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom