Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Charge me extra, nth times!

Alt

Augur
The Rise of Flight board, SimHQ:

Derp said:
Just thought I'd stir the possum a bit. Since the career is a major undertaking demanding time and effort to produce, perhaps Jason should consider charging us for it as an extra. We already pay for extra planes and remember "there's no such thing as a free lunch." I, for one, although on a pension, would not consider it unreasonable. We love the sim and want it to remain with us and hopefully get better. How can it, if it doesn't pay?
Perhaps then with the extra income the team might find time to fix some of the things we would like fixed, such as the SE5a engine. You only get what you pay for in life.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3254598/1.html

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Remember, this is the sim that has a permanent online requirement even for offline gaming (they eased up on it a bit a while ago, so you can now fly pointless instant action type missions without the connection requirement), shipped with only 2 flyable planes (you get 2 more for free though once connecting to their "Master Server" and after d/l several additional GB worth of data so that you can even start up the game) and requires you to pay some $ 7,95 or so for each extra flyable.

I know there are a few flightsimmers / sim enthusiasts around these corners here, too. Is anyone else annoyed at the eXtreme faggotry going on at SimHQ since - oh, actually - years now? With all the dev brown nosing going on there and almost every review sounding like advertisement even if the product is a POS, I could sometimes swear I'm on some developers board. Well, actually, they even did open an extra sub-forum for "777 Studios", which is a publisher, headed by this Jason type.

The reasoning of SimHQ is like this: Flightsims are dying out [yeah, they are "dying out" since over a decade now], so let's all be happy and thankful when we get a POS thrown at us, charged 3 times for it, and let's advertise it in our "review".

It seems it is only recently changing some with the technical desaster that is IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover, because having only some 10 FPS on mid settings even on a high end machine is too blatant a fuck up even for them to downplay.

No wonder the sim market is in this shitty state. Dumbasses. While they are not the sole reason, they're certainly not helping it any with their "shovel shit down our throat please while you rape us from behind" attitude.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom